Bait Barrel Design - Thoughts? Advice?

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
The alarm? I’ve been sitting my bait from 7pm-7am. We swap off to watch and nap a lot already. iPad and movies is nice too.

The bed roll. We built a big platform stand and had sleeping bags 13’ off the ground. When the barrel tips over, it wakes us up. I use a barrel with a leash. It’s harder for them to crush it if they can’t get a good angle to keep it from rolling.

BRWNBR

WKR
I gotcha. Ya I got a huge ground blind, like 11x7 or something. Gotta get some shut eye, I’m sitting those baits for almost a month straight, rest is important. I’m gonna try out my driveway alarm this year. I’ve got a river between me and my bait so clients and I can chat without worrying about noise. We’d never hear the barrel if they filled it with rocks and rolled it down the gravel bar!

Hard to sleep or watch movies 15 yards away from the bait. Sometimes I play cribbage, but most times I am scanning the brush looking for a bear because they usually come in pretty quiet.

BRWNBR

WKR
Slinging arrows that 15 yards is golden. Luckily for me it’s not something I need!