Washington Spring Bear Draw Is out

lkwoolsey

WKR
I got really lucky. No points but I drew 49 North. Hopefully it's a decent start to my hunts this year!

Brianb3

WKR
Drew 49.

Wife’s already positioning herself....”oh hell no. We’re not putting another damn rug in this house”

I’ll just keep tanning them! 49 sure holds a lot of bears.

Congrats to the lucky few and good luck to u all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t put in for spring bear out of protest. There should be 10x the amount of tags given out.

Expanding bear populations. No baiting or hound hunting has the bear population exploding. The game department sits idle and does nothing. I used to see very few bears in the woods. The last 10 years things have changed dramatically.

Congrats to those who drew. It is my only way back at them... keep the permit fee in my bank account.

Brianb3

WKR
I’ve just always wondered the management of spring bear vs late summer and why it’s not on a quota like cougar? I still rarely see bears in NCW but 1/2 a dozen times a year. So over or under management I have no appreciation.

MHWASH

WKR
MY boys drew Huckleberry. That's going to put a real damper in my Idaho hunt. It'll be fun though.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
I did not draw... again.

I agree with dreamingbig, but I still put in for a tag. We have tons of bears and very few spring bear opportunities. The small amount of tags is dumb as is the small amount of GMUs that WDFW opens for spring bear.

Most of us don't like revenue grab moves, but good lord they could generate some $ by opening up some more spring bear hunts... the bear population could handle a lot more tags in my opinion.

264win

WKR
Agree that there should be lots more spring bear tags, But maybe thats because I have never been drawn, lol.
WDFW has some peculiar methods for game management.
This year I am doing an otc tag in Mt. Going to try a spring hunt one way or another

LaNina

FNG
I was drawn for 49 degrees North Spring Bear - thinking of scouting while we turkey hunt but wanted to take our 30' trailer up and leave it (we live in the Seattle area). Any ideas on where we could park our trailer and just come up on the weekends? Thanks for any help.