Spring Bear Guide for Archery

Long story short, looking for a spring bear guide. Will hunt over baits or spot and stalk. Oh and did I mention its for the 2018 season? Help.

OP
M
Get in touch with these folks. I know they have openings, grizzly and black bear. They also do well on cinnamon phase bears if you're looking for a little variety.

Josh

Alaska Hunting Adventures - Hunting and outfitting for Dall Sheep in the Tok Management Area of Alaska for nearly four decades.

Thanks but a little out of my price range and distance to travel. Not your fault should have included that info. Looking at the Idaho/Montana as I'll be coming from the east coast.

And, to elaborate even more, the short notice is due to a surprise pregnancy (our first child) on the part of the wife and I. Baby is due october 8th so my plans for a western fall hunt are pretty much eliminated.

Thanks

amp713

WKR
Buddy used to guide in challis Idaho, they killed tons of bears and some book ones at that. Can't rember the company, owner was named George. I'll look up his company

George Mcquiston from Wild Idaho Outfitters out of Challis? They seem to do well. Elk Springs Outfitters seems pretty good also from checking out their material.

Hunts along the Main Salmon (Salmon River Lodge, Shepp, etc.) would be pretty awesome for scenery but I think the steep steep canyon might make it hard to get baits or stalks set up.

amp713

WKR
George Mcquiston from Wild Idaho Outfitters out of Challis? They seem to do well. Elk Springs Outfitters seems pretty good also from checking out their material.

Hunts along the Main Salmon (Salmon River Lodge, Shepp, etc.) would be pretty awesome for scenery but I think the steep steep canyon might make it hard to get baits or stalks set up.

Yup wild is the one! I was gonna say that but I always worry I'm gonna say the wrong thing

Website might be out of date, but rest assured they run a top notch bear hunting operation.

Depending on your family situation, a late cow hunt in late November or December could be an option for the fall. My wife was cool with me going for 4 days a couple months after she gave birth to our children. Those are available in many states, including WY, MT, and ID. If you are interested, PM me and I'll describe a pretty good opportunity I'd point you to.

OP
M
Depending on your family situation, a late cow hunt in late November or December could be an option for the fall. My wife was cool with me going for 4 days a couple months after she gave birth to our children. Those are available in many states, including WY, MT, and ID. If you are interested, PM me and I'll describe a pretty good opportunity I'd point you to.

I really appreciate the offer, and I have thought about that option. Honestly, it's just not gonna be feasible. My wife is still working on her masters and will be still after the baby is born. It's gonna be an all hands on deck situation after the little one arrives. Even if it were possible, I would feel pretty guilty about leaving her with all of that on her plate.

Given this is our first child, I really have no clue what to expect so I am very hesitant to make plans for anything after the birth until I can wade in those waters.

I salute you for your dedication to your family and what your wife needs. That love and service will serve you well as you become the diaper man and a million other things in the amazing role as a father. I feel so lucky for my kids and family.

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
I'd go to New Brunswick, with TSI... and the price is damn good.

Yup TSI is the place to go in NB. Shot a 21 1/16" with Dave last spring, and we will be back up there in another 2 months. He's probably booked up this spring but definitely a great hunt if you can get in!

b.purcell

FNG
hey whats your availabily/ dates? i have openings memorial day week and the last week of the season here in Montana. generally hunt 5 days, M-F price is negotiable, if you can provide own camping equipment/food. last year in the spring season i was over 100% opportunity with clients, spot and stalk here in Montana. I like to try and harvest mature boars, some of the bigger ones my clients killed are in that 6.5-7' range. Are you dead set on killing one with a bow, or would you be willing to drop the hammer for the right bear? I run a pretty low key deal here in Western Montana and really only take out a couple clients each spring.