Rain Gear for Alberta Spring Black Bear

tommy1005

FNG
I am starting to get my gear ready for my bear hunt in Alberta at the end of May and need to get a pair of rain pants. I was looking at the Kuiu Chugach vs the Kuiu Ultra NX. Anybody have any thoughts on which would be better? Most of my hunting is done in Texas, but I do make a trip to Colorado/New Mexico every year as well.

I have the Chugach jacket and like it a lot, but was thinking the weight and cost savings of the Ultra might be nice for something that other than this trip, will likely just stay in my pack.

bates

WKR
i think the ultra might be in the outlet so its cheaper

i don't know i mean yeah the ultra is light and pack able but i just dont feel its durable enough and would default to the chugach, but i am hard on gear especially rain pants and my chugachs are about trashed, but i love the ultra jacket on the other hand

but with where you hunt rain gear is going to ride in the pack more than worn most likey so the cheaper ultra would get my vote.

OP
T

tommy1005

FNG
I ended up going with the chugach during the anniversary sale.....seemed like it was worth the extra $50 or so