First hunt in the books

MHWASH

WKR
Spent the weekend in the Idaho wilderness looking for bear, but didn't find any. Lots and lots of tics though. At least 30/day. Saw a 15 elk including 5 bulls. Went in a mile the first night to set up camp.
7eck.jpg

Arrived about 3 and watched the hill side until it started raining about 7, crawled into the tent and watched tics crawling around until day. It rained all night and most of the next morning. Moved camp down the trail another mile.
aczkwm.jpg

Got to my spot about 2, stayed until 7, the only wildlife I saw was my partner on the next ridge. He was able to watch the hillside below me as well as another drainage. He did not see a bear either.
ei8k5t.jpg

2lwku1h.jpg

34z0j1d.jpg

92xj

WKR
Looks awesome.
Did you have to cross that River to get to your ridge from the trail in? Looks like it's moving pretty good with all the snow melt going on.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
Snow level was patchy @3700', solid @4000'.
Luckily we didn't have to cross the river, didn't see a spot where we could. Kept looking for a way across in case we saw a bear on the other side.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
Thanks for the comments. My partner went back last weekend but still saw nothing.

We're headed back next week!

I hear ya on the tick thing. Absolutely horrible year already. Nice pics, the bears should be picking up soon.