Bear hunt reports

MHWASH

WKR
I think he meant 2 people trying to shoot 2 wolves at the same time. Timing the trigger pull is tough

This was the case. Wolves were 200 yards away watching us hike the ridge. They acted like they'd never seen a human before.

This was the case. Wolves were 200 yards away watching us hike the ridge. They acted like they'd never seen a human before.

I think everyone has to get burned real bad once attempting that.

I promise you’ll never do it again. Bird in hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCSteel

FNG
4 days in southern Alberta, no bears spotted. Heading to a new area next week, way to busy in this area.
22f83b8205d45e5b6b9402c8f72f2249.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

BCSteel

FNG
The only bear sign I've seen so far. Heading out mid week for a couple days.
e4eb34bebd9c6c0ec314f96a5eb98fb3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

fly1tie6

FNG
In Denver airport now and Missoula tonight. Should be hitting it come Monday morning! Hopefully we have good weather this week in NW Montana.

Update* Southwest/Frontier has lost my luggage! Imagine that. Now I have no equipment to hunt with or clothes to wear for the first day of my hunt. Airlines suck with luggage!

On a positive note Montana is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Last edited:
OP
B
I saw one small bear yesterday near my bait. Sat under a tarp till noon today glassing and watching a bait with a friend. Rained all day today, no bears. They are moving, baits were hit by multiple bears, but still no big ones. The little ones are hitting twice or more every day, usually when big ones show up the smaller bears get nervous and hit the baits less often. Hoping for a big one this week!

FlyGuy

WKR
In Denver airport now and Missoula tonight. Should be hitting it come Monday morning! Hopefully we have good weather this week in NW Montana.
I'm right behind you! I'll land in Denver very early Monday Morning, hunting on Tuesday am. Can't wait! Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JohnnyB

WKR
I’m leaving for Montana next Sunday so leave a big one for me. Looking forward to hearing what the snow level looks like this year near Superior. The Snotel site shows the depth dropping but it looks like there may be a little more than last year.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been in Fox Creek Alberta for the past few days. Seen about 15 blacks and 6 Grizzlies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonPablo

FNG
Help

I know it’s a long shot but it’s worth a try. For those of you in Idaho I’m reaching out to you for a little help. I’m going there in 2 weeks in hopes of shooting my 1st bear. The plan was for my cousin from Idaho to establish a bait ahead of time and then hunt with me for a little over a week. Well since making these plans in the fall, he accepted a job over here in West Texas. So now since he’s here he might still be able to go with me but if he does, he won’t be hunting (just camping) and he obviously won’t be able to establish a bait prior to the trip.

So I’m hoping maybe one of you might be willing to help a newbie out. I’d be willing to help you with some of the money you’ve put into your bait as well as help fill baits for at least a week if you’ll let me tag along. I don’t have much in the way of bartering but do have access to some modest whitetail, mule deer and javelina hunting if you plan to come to Texas.

In case you’re hesitant about inviting a stranger I’m a father of 3 girls who teaches special ed and have been bowhunting for about 20 years. I also teach hunters ed occasionally. Again, I know it’s a long shot but who knows, maybe I’ll make a new hunting buddy while salvaging my hunt of a lifetime. Thanks.

Pablo

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm interested in hearing what everyone is seeing snow levels elevation wise. I'm heading out June 1st for the high country in North Idaho but worried still might be snowed out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fly1tie6

FNG
Good luck flyguy! Hope you have a safe and successful hunt. I hope you luggage arrives with you on your flight from Denver. Mine did not.