Bear hunt reports

Was lucky enough to kill both of these this past weekend.

attachment.php

Love the two broken arrows in the quiver, nice work man!

Yeah, made two great shots, neither bear made it more than 20 yards. I don't mind the broken arrows as long as I get the business end of them back, those broadheads aren't cheap!

blackdawg

WKR
Two bears twice is rocking! Can’t get much better than that Nick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac7

WKR
Yeah, made two great shots, neither bear made it more than 20 yards. I don't mind the broken arrows as long as I get the business end of them back, those broadheads aren't cheap!

Congrats on the bears. Bow details and whats that quiver set up?

Congrats on the bears. Bow details and whats that quiver set up?

Black Widow PSA II, 58" and 55# at 28"... it's a tight spot quiver, works well, just have to be sure and get the bushings installed in the riser when you order it.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Nice job with traditional. Curious about the pic-you shoot them the same time or just pack them out whole some how? My friends have doubled on an elk setup with a couple small bulls.

280Ackley

WKR
My youngest son got his first bear on Tuesday night!

Attachments

• D71B25D2-576C-4D5C-A9F6-4C3B1090CCF3.jpg
    D71B25D2-576C-4D5C-A9F6-4C3B1090CCF3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 62
  • C284C6C5-D050-45C5-A151-7D565A648AAE.jpg
    C284C6C5-D050-45C5-A151-7D565A648AAE.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 56

280Ackley

WKR
I will for sure! He has worked really hard for this guy. He helped clear the sight for bait and carried in multiple loads to fill it. Made a great shot and helped skin him out! I’ve been referring to him as “Garrett the bear slayer” since!!😂😂

Jesse Minish

Lil-Rokslider
I will for sure! He has worked really hard for this guy. He helped clear the sight for bait and carried in multiple loads to fill it. Made a great shot and helped skin him out! I’ve been referring to him as “Garrett the bear slayer” since!!😂😂

Thats what its all about right there! Very cool!

Bjorn16

FNG
My wife and I put my new Christensen Ridgeline 300 WM to work last week to roll a couple of nice black bears. Neither of the shots were particularly long, but I got to test Berger 215 performance at short range. My bear was less than 20 yards on a perfectly executed spot and stalk, and my wife smashed her bear with a double lung pass through at 35 yards. The weather on the Prince William Sound was a little snotty while we were there, but all in all it was a great hunt and we killed five great black bears. Three of which squared over 6 1/2'.
Great looking bears sounds like that was an amazing hunt. Did your group charter a boat in PWS? I'm planning the same hunt next spring and talking to a few different charter services. Any info would be appreciated.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking bears sounds like that was an amazing hunt. Did your group charter a boat in PWS? I'm planning the same hunt next spring and talking to a few different charter services. Any info would be appreciated.
Nah. We go private party. I try to do this hunt every year, but the last couple years have been squashed. It's a great place to hunt black bears. You can kill some really nice bears 6.5'+, but don't expect to kill one with a booner skull. Fire me a PM and I can help point you in the right direction.