Bear hunt reports

OP
B
All the rain in southern Idaho has seemed to put the bears down a little this week. Baits were hit a littke, but not like last week. I did have one good bear come in, hopefully he comes back soon while I'm waiting for him.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Two baits both getting hit good for less than a week out. Couple shooters giving them a little more time before we will sit.

BCSteel

FNG
Finished up my last 3 days of spring bear. Covered a lot of ground, saw a lot of deer, did a bunch of camping but no shooters in 13 days in the field. Saw 8 bears in total which is better than the 1 I saw last year. Only 2.5 months until fall bear season.
fc7352580a9e9c3279d71f6bed888198.jpg
b78a761da019b98474d9cd4605f9c006.jpg

53f46964fe7840fde33f76fbb569b94a.jpg

DonPablo

FNG
Bee. I’m hunting near Idaho City. Today’s my last day. Shot a bear this morning but lost the blood. Talking with someone who runs a blood trailing dog out of Boise. He’s supposed to get back with me. Fingers crossed. Hope he can come and hope it doesn’t rain. :eek:

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bee. I’m hunting near Idaho City. Today’s my last day. Shot a bear this morning but lost the blood. Talking with someone who runs a blood trailing dog out of Boise. He’s supposed to get back with me. Fingers crossed. Hope he can come and hope it doesn’t rain. :eek:

Good luck man, that's always a stressful situation.

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck to you! let us know how it goes. 2 of the 4 bears we killed this season didn't have any bloodtrail the first 25ish yards after being shot, fortunately both of them were piled up at 30 yards. The other 2 we watched go down in sight. Next year I plan on hunting them with my bow, I'm interested to see how the tracking goes with an arrow through them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
4 boars this spring, was a great season! Got my 2 good buddies and my brother on their first bears.
eb3cb940aa8efaf6419085a1a724f60c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
I've got til this Friday, and I'm spending as much time in the woods as I can. Got pretty wet (rain and hail) this weekend out there. No bears, but lots of sign! Every night after work this week, plus a full day Friday to close it out. Hopefully I can put one down!!!

Finally got the time to hunt the bait we put out may 4th. First night we hunted, we had a couple bears come in and my son arrowed a real nice boar. Second night my daughter (10 and her first night ever on a bait) and I had several bears come in, but with goofy wind just never got things lined up, pretty exciting night for her though. Checking trail cam pics this morning shows 7 bears that I can tell apart for sure, with one big black boar and one big brown boar.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
WP_20180613_1802.jpgBeen baiting for some friends coming out of state. Saturday had a bear go up the tree I was trying to bait under. It was pretty pissy, snapping teeth, woofing etc...so I backed out and came back to the same thing. I had left the bait and thought maybe it could see it and that's why it wouldn't come down. I packed it out a ways and waited some more only to have the same result. Now I'm thinking I had my bow in my rig and a target cause I hadn't shot broad heads yet. So I ran back took a couple shots and ran back up only to find a pissed bear still mad at me. So I made it safe to put out bait!

Last edited:

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
ZTPGo5X.jpg

My nine year old connected on her first grizz this weekend. I’ll throw together a write up in a day or two when I’m home.