Black Bear Books

Can’t use bait in my home state. I know a little about hunting them but not nearly as much as I would like to. Wondered if anyone has any recommendations on some good books on the subject.

bcbear3

FNG
Can’t use bait in my home state. I know a little about hunting them but not nearly as much as I would like to. Wondered if anyone has any recommendations on some good books on the subject.

Maybe not much on modern hunting in this book but my favorite. A good bear is a dead bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
Douglas Boze was on the Hunt the Backcountry podcast discussing spot and stalk black bear hunting. He has two books, The Ultimate Guide to Black Bear Hunting and No Bait Just Bears. I have not read either, just happened to catch his interview.

idahoman

FNG
Douglas Boze was on the Hunt the Backcountry podcast discussing spot and stalk black bear hunting. He has two books, The Ultimate Guide to Black Bear Hunting and No Bait Just Bears. I have not read either, just happened to catch his interview.

I have read both, nothing really ground breaking but from what I understand probably about the best books on the subject. Bear habit and how they are hunted varies so much it's hard to have an all encompassing book on the subject.