Archery success with my 2 year old

jhm2023

WKR
Just got back from a week long hunt with my wife and 2 year old daughter. I was fortunate enough to take my first P&Y black bear with my daughter sitting in the stand with me. This old bear only made it 4 yards after getting arrowed and my daughter got quite the kick out of watching the bear come in and the loud death moan 15 yards from the stand. Other than that it was a real slow hunt and my wife wasn't able to get on a bear.

Attachments

• BLACK BEAR.jpg
    BLACK BEAR.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Emma and me.jpg
    Emma and me.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 94
  • arrow and bear.jpg
    arrow and bear.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 86
That is so awesome! Curious about your setup for your kid. Small harness? My oldest is almost 4 and I'd like to bring her out a few times this year. Congrats on a great bear and ever better family memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jhm2023

jhm2023

WKR
rooster It's an Opsrey pogo AG plus child carrier pack. Works great for packing in the kiddo and her necessities. Once I got it up in the stand I used a ratchet strap to secure it to the tree. I'm thinking this setup might have one more season in it for weight reasons as you have to consider child weight, pack weight, and then all the goodies and gear that go with taking the kiddo. Still a great setup, its just starting to feel like a sheep pack for a 10 day hunt.

Congrats on an awesome hunt! Pretty amazing she stayed quite enough for the bear to come in. My boys get to wound up when an animal starts coming in. Haha

BRWNBR

WKR
My second youngest girl turned 4 today and man having your little girl there had to be the coolest!! I treasure special moments with my girls....

OP
jhm2023

jhm2023

WKR
lang she sat quietly for about 4 hours the day prior with my wife. The day I got the bear we had just got settled into the sat and I was feeding her fruit snacks.

BRWNBR hunts with kids I think are some of the best. I hope she sticks with it into her adult life.

Nick I'll have it officially measured after its been cleaned and the drying time is done. I've had several critters come close to B&C or P&Y. This will be my first that actually made one of the books. I never have been a trophy hunter, but I'll take luck when I get it.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
This absolutely made my day! We loved hunting with our daughter last season (at 5-9 mo) and are looking forward to more trips this year. Definitely more work to have her along, but so rewarding. Congrats again!