Sept rifle bear

Titan_Bow

WKR
I got unsuccessful emails for me and my son, but I dont get it. Looking at the draw recap, 2018, for the unit we put in, my son should have drawn. We both had 1 PP, and the draw recap shows 5 youth with 1 point pre-draw, and 5 drew the tag. However, my son got unsuccessful email. The other odd thing, when we both log in to the CPW site, our points history for bear shows 1 preference point from 2017, not 2 (which should be the case if we really didnt draw). Wondering if the draw was messed up or something?

Titan_Bow

WKR
Quick Edit... I was looking at the wrong email, I was looking at the original email receipt when we applied, <LOL> SO, I HAVE NOT received an email saying we drew or did not draw. But, based on the 2018 recap, I think its safe to say we drew :)

Titan_Bow

WKR
My boy and I drew unit 82. hoping I can get my elk opening weekend so we can dedicate as much time as we need to getting a bear!

robie

WKR
I'm pretty sure I have this correct but can anyone confirm.

I'm interested in hunting a draw unit that was under subscribed, I should be able to go to the CPW office and buy up to 2 leftover licenses for that unit. Is that correct?

skierhs

WKR
I'm pretty sure I have this correct but can anyone confirm.

I'm interested in hunting a draw unit that was under subscribed, I should be able to go to the CPW office and buy up to 2 leftover licenses for that unit. Is that correct?

Somewhat, are they class B tags?

skierhs

WKR
No they are class A i believe. They are part of the limited draw Sept rifle tags. Does that mean i can only pick up 1?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

With “A” each person can only buy one. If they were class “B” you would be able to pick up two class “B” or a class “A” and class “B”.

OP
S

swampokie

WKR
Nevermind the san juan national forest is closed for fire restrictions so the bear tag I drew will be useless

skierhs

WKR
Nevermind the san juan national forest is closed for fire restrictions so the bear tag I drew will be useless

I saw that today. As long as they don’t keep it closed to all activities through hunting season you should be okay as using a rifle to take game is excluded from restriction except when it is completely closed.

OP
S

swampokie

WKR
I saw that today. As long as they don’t keep it closed to all activities through hunting season you should be okay as using a rifle to take game is excluded from restriction except when it is completely closed.

I did not know that...so its not completely closed now?

skierhs

WKR
I did not know that...so its not completely closed now?

So from my understanding is that for the time being the forest is completely closed to all activities. They will likely open it up to some activity when they get some rain and temps cool off some. If they downgrade from complete closure of forests to just fire bans then you will still be able to hunt most likely but target shooting would still closed off. You can easily call the forest station and talk to a range for clarification and seasonal outlooks of closures.