"High Country Brown Bears" DVD Give Away!

billy molls

Super Moderator
Howdy fellow bear hunting Roksliders,

I consider the pursuit of a mature brown bear the pinnacle of North American big game hunting. Hands down, it's my favorite of any hunting I've done. That said, we're offering a taste of that action by giving away 3 copies of my latest DVD, "High Country Brown Bears". In it, you will follow my clients and me on 2 incredible spring brown bear hunting adventures. Candid and comprehensive, Clay Newcomb of Bear Hunting Magazine calls High Country Brown Bears, "... one of the best, if not the best, brown bear hunting video ever made."

TO ENTER: simply agree to offer an honest review of the DVD on Rokslide, and reply to this thread with a sentence or two about the aspect or attribute you love most about the awesome sport of bear hunting.

Winners will be selected by July1.
***Trailer link below***
[video=youtube_share;UZBYJ9DYw0k]https://youtu.be/UZBYJ9DYw0k[/video]
full screen option here
High Country Brown Bears Trailer, Modern Day Mountain Man - YouTube

Thanks much, and Good Hunting!
Billy

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I consider the pursuit of a mature brown bear the pinnacle of North American big game hunting.

Absolutely no doubt about it, while I enjoy hunting a wide range of species, nothing compares to hunting the big bears of Alaska.

I am looking forward to this DVD, just in time to get me in the zone for Kodiak this fall.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Subcribed to your channel I've always loved your stuff. When I took my trip to Alaska seeing a grizzly in the wild was a corner stone of truly being in a wild place and capped off an epic trip. Bears are an awesome animal. I took my first bear this year in Idaho. It was a experience not soon forgotten when if it was "just" a black bear. It's amazing to out smart an animal that's lived over 10 years must be even more so a huge brown bear that's lived closer to 20 or more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SwampGhost

Lil-Rokslider
Well I’m a new bear hunter, made my first hunt in Ontario two weeks ago. But I can see where this will be something I want to do again and again. Really would like to hunt big brownies someday.
Best of luck in your venture!

I have been fortunate to have had the privilege to hunt bears many times. Having a brown bear in close, archery close, is one HUGE adrenaline rush. Until you have had your hands on brown bear, it's hard to imagine the power they have inside that hide. It is almost overwhelming.

elkguide

WKR
What a great trailer. Hooked me quickly.

If the CD is just half as good with bears/hunting and some Alaskan scenery thrown in...… it's got to be amazing!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man there are some toads on that trailer! Bear hunting in all forms is just awesome, I'd love to check it out.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Love hunting all the bears all over the north. I’ve hunted them in AK, YK, SK, MB, QB, and here in Michigan. What I especially enjoy is they are the only big game that can be hunted in the spring. Would love to review the new dvd!

Open-tundra stalks on grizzlies is about as much excitement as I've had while hunting. I'm still in search of my first actual coastal brown bear. I'll definitely be checking out the DVD; it might be the incentive I need to finally plan a trip to the Peninsula in Spring 2020!

kickemall

WKR
No problem here giving an honest review, whether or not you like it might be another story. I've hunted black bears my whole life since I was a kid and thats been awhile. I made a specific trip to Alaska just so I could see some brown bears because I realized that I'll never be able to hunt them. The thing I like most about hunting bears is the respect that I've gained for them. There's a lot of people out there I could pull the trigger on with less thought than I give to shooting a bear.

jmden

WKR
I just bought it. Great DVD. Fun and entertaining to watch. Great commentary on life in general and hunting in particular. Lots of good info for someone considering such a hunt. Great scenery. Would love to do it someday. Always appreciate the laid back but informative style of Billy's DVDs.

Having just returned from a unsuccessful bear hunt in Alaska but still anxious for the next time to get the chance to hunt these animals, I will gladly give a candid and honest review of this video. The trailer certainly shows the extreme country of Alaska and presents the same situations we faced. It is great to know that such videos exist, covering an aspect of bear hunting AK that is away from the shores and into the high country...Sign me up!

I can't speak from experience on bear hunting as my first hunt will likely be next spring, but one of the things I like most about hunting is real encounters with wild animals, and I can't think of one that would be more exciting to see in it's natural environment.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
Another excellent film from Billy that I watched several times earlier this year. Definitely worth purchasing if you are interested in AK or big brown bears.