ID and WY Grizzly Draw

weaver

WKR
I don't think you need to pay the tag fee upfront for grizzly in WY.

Kodiak

FNG
In Wyoming For units 1-6, which have a female mortality limit It is only the application fee upfront. For unit 7 which is 12 tags regular less of sex it is the tag fee upfront with a refund. It is a bit of a a goofy set up. For units 1-6 if the first bear killed is female the whole season is over.

jmcd22

WKR
I'll be putting in for WY since Idaho got all too good for us NR's.

Idaho only allots 10% of draw tags for NRs and I think that holds true for griz hunts, so it may be a few years before they open it to NRs. Hoping the granolas and antis don't get the season shut down so they can have more tags next year.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I just applied WY for units 1-6. Cost $15 and then 6K if you get the tag. From the sounds of it odds of getting a tag are REALLY LOW. That being said you can't win if you don't apply.

In Wyoming For units 1-6,if the first bear killed is female the whole season is over.
My understanding is that there is a 2 sow mortality accepted, so 2 hunters get tags at a time. If they both fill with boars, two more tags go out, and so on until 12 bears are killed. If a sow and a boar are killed, only one tag at a time from then on until the quota of 12 is filled, or a second sow is killed.

I could be wrong, but it sounded pretty last minute for everyone after the first two.

My understanding is that there is a 2 sow mortality accepted, so 2 hunters get tags at a time. If they both fill with boars, two more tags go out, and so on until 12 bears are killed. If a sow and a boar are killed, only one tag at a time from then on until the quota of 12 is filled, or a second sow is killed.

I could be wrong, but it sounded pretty last minute for everyone after the first two.

The female mortality limit in Hunt Areas 1 through 6 was reduced from the original number of two females down to one female. I believe this was done in late May-early June based on public comment.

That means only one hunter at a time will be allowed in the field in those hunt areas and when the first female is taken the hunt will end in Hunt Areas 1 through 6.

ClearCreek

Well, I didn't draw my supertag, here is to hoping for the bear!

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Wyoming-Super-Tag-raffle-raises-$913,550-for-wildl