My California Blacktails

Here are my bucks from this year. I packed into the Alps a few miles friday before the opener. Its a spot I have hunted in the past and seen quite a few deer in and knew it held some good bucks.

This is the first buck, I spotted a group of 9 bucks right at first light and watched them looking for the best buck. He was right at 400 yards when I shot him. He stumbled about 100 yards before tipping over. The other bucks didnt have a clue what had happened but after a few minutes started working their way towards where this buck went down at. I grabbed my pack and started working my way around to them, glassing them every 30 seconds or so to see what they were going to do. I got to about 150 yards from the bucks with them watching me the whole time. I noticed another really nice buck in the group and decided to shoot this one too. I laid my pack down and got on my gun again and sent one. This buck spun around and went down.

They both died within 30 yards of each other. My season was over by about 7:45 and I had them boned out and back to the truck about 5 that evening. It was by far the heaviest pack out I've had but totally worth it!!
I was hoping to get both bucks in a picture together but the buck that was down the hill a little bit was heavy as hell and I didnt feel like burning a bunch of energy to get the picture haha.

Here's the best I could do to get both of them together. Both were 4x3s with the second one having a little 1 inch sticker off the back. Thanks for looking!!

CaseyU

WKR
That's a hell of a hunt! Holy smokes. Takes a special person to put two of those down without backup. Congrats man

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
ReddingArcher
Thanks guys! It was an experience I wont forget. Man did it feel good to get back to the truck and get that pack off!!

JNDEER

WKR
Nice job on some stud blacktails. I guess that area was not hunted by archers to see a nice group of bucks like that still together during rifle season.

OP
ReddingArcher
Nice job on some stud blacktails. I guess that area was not hunted by archers to see a nice group of bucks like that still together during rifle season.

Thanks man! I'm not too sure if it got hunted during archery this year. I've bow hunted it before and seen a couple guys but they were a couple miles closer to the trailhead. I had planned on bow hunting it but went to a different area that my brother in law has hunted during archery the last few years.

Thanks man! I'm not too sure if it got hunted during archery this year. I've bow hunted it before and seen a couple guys but they were a couple miles closer to the trailhead. I had planned on bow hunting it but went to a different area that my brother in law has hunted during archery the last few years.

Say no more about the place... unless it's to me in a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk