Western WA Blacktail

Pass-n-Thru

Lil-Rokslider
Had a busy year and not much time to hunt around home. Ended up killing this 2pt on second to last day and then took my sister out and she killed her first blacktail. It was a spike but for last day and only an hour or so to go, you just don't pass them up!

JNDEER

WKR
Awesome!

Got to say I have never seen a blacktail that died in the water.

OP
P

Pass-n-Thru

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome!

Got to say I have never seen a blacktail that died in the water.

Yeah that's a first for me too! Made the shot then heard the kersploosh and thought what the hell was that. I think he tried to jump it, but hard to do with no front shoulders.

colersu22

WKR
Congrats on sealing the deal and I like your blood mat, I have used they plywood or tarp in the past but the last couple years we switched to a little kids pool that you get from fred meyer for 5 bucks and it works great.

Clarktar

WKR
Nice Job. Can't argue with meat in the freezer and getting deer out whole!

This is my first year chasing blacktails, I moved to the willamette valley last spring and have had my butt thoroughly handed to me during late archery season, I've been hitting it hard and hopefully it will pay off before season closes, congrats on two great harvests!

lkwoolsey

WKR
This is my first year chasing blacktails, I moved to the willamette valley last spring and have had my butt thoroughly handed to me during late archery season, I've been hitting it hard and hopefully it will pay off before season closes, congrats on two great harvests!

I'm in the same boat. Just moved to Washington from Colorado and crap those blacktails are smart, ghostly suckers. And they live in this thick, wet stuff haha.
Congrats on the two good looking deer!