How to hunt this situation?

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a piece of property I'm allowed to hunt and it is about 300+ acres. I've set up a game cam close to a bedding area with a good water source and lots of oaks which supply the deer with acorns. Over the last week I've captured 2 forked horns, a nice big mature 3x3, and what seems to be a huge 4x4 or 5x5 maybe. I've seen the forkies and 3x3 in person and all seem to be locked up with does, and seem to be feeding by the bedding area either after sunset or early in the morning. The big buck I saw one time early November chasing the forkies off the main group of does, and then caught him on game cam on November 16th at 10am walking through the bedding area. These deer seem to live on this property and never really need to move off of it as I'm the only one who hunts it, but so far I have not pressured them enough to make them move away, as I still get them on cam. I don't get many days to hunt this place so next time I go for it I want to make a good go of it. With these guys all locked into their does, how would you guys approach this hunt? Still hunt, rattle, blind/treestand?

Thanks

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rifle or bow? Stand or blind will put the lest amount of pressure on them I'd hunt the morning when bucks are seeking does in the most daylight. Still hunting with a rifle will allow you the greatest chance to bump into them but I would only do it if your going to rest the area for awhile or its an all in towards the seasons end.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Peaks&Creeks

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
It's bow season. That is kinda what I was leaning towards as well. Thanks