Earliest Blacktail....who has the oldest pic?

Beendare

WKR
I know someone here has to be able to top this one....who here has shot the earliest blacktail?

And if you aren't an old timer like me...what was your earliest?

Going through some pics and this one is 1981. I have some earlier ones but wasn't the best about taking photos back then....even though I was the proud owner of an Instamatic <grin>
deer hunt.jpg

TripleJ

WKR
I killed my first one in in 1987, but the picture is buried somewhere in one of my parents photo albums at their house. Sorry for my useless post ha ha.

My first blacktail buck was in 1994 and I was 13, the only picture taken hung in the little general store out by my parents house. Every time I think about that buck I'm bummed I didnt take any photos for myself. It was just a little forken horn but I still wish I had a photo of that buck.

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
Ed, are those the old Zeiss binos? I had a bunch of buddies that had those.

Wy back then, I ended up going against the grain and bought The relatively new to the US Swaros....

In fact I essentially wore them out, having problems with focus, sent them back last year ...and they ended up sending my a whole new bino for $175..........turned out to be a pretty good call picking those up.

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
Nobody wants to play?

Ok i get it...the guys that have all of the old blacktail pics....aren't computer savvy enough to post the pics. <Grin>

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to kill one, one day maybe even in California in July. Na to hot

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TwoTikkas

WKR
Yikes! I dont consider the 80s to be the old days. Kinda telling my age a bit. Old pics are black and white. Right? Somebody please tell me Im not decrepit. Please!

KClark

WKR
Polaroid of my first deer, 1972. probably not 100% blacktail as we are in the foothills east of I5.

F6Pr06t.jpg

I'll have to dig into my photos, I took a few black tails in CA in the 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's one of a big old blacktail Dad shot in the 50's, shortly after coming from OK to what is now our home place in OR. I've taken a couple nice bucks pretty close to the same area over the years. My sister still has the old Winchester Model 94, 30.30 that is in the picture too

Attachments

• 1950%27s Blacktail (Jack Edwards).jpg
    1950%27s Blacktail (Jack Edwards).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 44