2018 Archery Blacktails

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Good Evening, starting my research on doing an archery Columbia blacktail hunt next year. I was debating on trying Oregon, but saw some good things on California as well. I would like to go DIY. I have no problem spot and stalking or sitting ground blinds, not really a fan of tree stands, im a little chicken with them. What would be my best options, given limited time to scout. Im trying to get my archery deer slam diy, I already have my a few coues deer and a muley under my belt. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. Daniel

IdahoBeav

WKR
Oregon offers some great opportunity for OTC September and November hunting with the same tag.

Send me a PM if you're interested in some info on S. Oregon.

California does have some really good blacktail hunting. The b zones are your best bet. I think though without being able to scout the areas the late season Oregon hunt is your best bet, bucks are rutting and the cool weather is just nicer to hunt in. I see your from Arizona so maybe the heat wont bother you but it is brutally hot during the archery season here in California. Last year in the high country it was over 100 on opening weekend. If you have any questions on the b zones feel free to get a hold of me.