New Hunter Problems in WA

etacker13

FNG
Been hunting GMU 564 on some private land, I am a relatively new archery hunter only been hunting for 2 years, no one I know archery hunts so am looking for someone to help a newbie learn, did get one buck my first year of hunting and since then not a thing :bash:. I live in the Washougal area, willing to travel, pitch in for gas or whatever would be needed of me also have a house down in GMU 506, just looking for someone to help show me the ropes and to have a archery hunting partner just want to hunt whether its deer, elk, bear ect. Thanks, Erik

slvrslngr

WKR
Erik,
Looks like you're off to a good start, just keep at it. Washington can be a challenging place to hunt for sure but the opportunities are there. Blacktails are notoriously difficult to hunt, so you need to pick an area, learn it inside and out and just keep at it. There are some great books on blacktail hunting written by Boyd Iverson, they're well worth the time spent reading them. As far as meeting people, you might consider joining an archery club if there is one nearby. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, having just recently moved to Washington myself. Go get 'em!