Kodiak Island Adventure Hunt 2017

Just read through your blog, nice write up, I will check back in once you have more added.

Do you have any advice on gear for the hunt? Just how certain things worked out or didn't work out. Boots, gloves, rain gear, etc.

For size comparisons for someone who has never seen one in the flesh but will be chasing them in a couple of weeks...what did the bucks end up scoring, estimated?

Thanks!

OP
D

dihardhunter

Lil-Rokslider
AKborn87 - Seek Outside Redcliff with carbon fiber center pole option and half liner. I could not possibly speak more highly of that shelter system given the conditions we put it through during the 15 hour storm. Bear fence? It was a rental from Kodiak Kamps there on the island. I do know it worked. The voltage tester gave readings between 8,000 and 9,000 volts every time we tested it.

TBHS - Based on some rough measurements we took in the field with a shoelace and using a notebook paper (8.5" x 11") as reference, 1st 2 bucks scored 80-mid upper 80s, dad's 2nd buck measured just north of 90, and my 5 point was ~100.

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome write up on the blog. Let us know when the rest of the story is posted there.

So are we doing this trip next year ;)

Just read your day 5 post on your blog, great buck. Now I am intrigued by the weather notification from the pilot, let us know when the next update is posted!

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everybody,

I just want to highly recommend going to his blog. I can't remember a more detailed and enjoyable read. What a trip! And with your dad...man what an awesome thing. Thanks for sharing.

OP
D

dihardhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, finally finished up my trip report to Kodiak Island. Thanks for reading and feel free to PM me for more info. Already interacted with a number of you via PM/phone. Trip of a lifetime!!

Awesome write up! I've been trying to get out there for several years but life always gets in my way! 2018 is my year. Curious about what side of the island?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
The wife and I leave tomorrow, this has been a dream hunt of mine for as long as I can remember

OP
D

dihardhunter

Lil-Rokslider
'weatherbow21' - have an awesome time! It will not be an adventure you soon forget - that I can promise you!

'rooster' - southern third and not along the more exposed NW side.

TravKatQ

WKR
Awesome adventure it sounded like and some Great bucks! I’ll eventually have to Pm you with some Q’s as I’m trying to setup a trip for my dad and I in ‘19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lapaiki39

FNG
I really enjoyed your detailed posts!! Even though I've been to Kodiak numerous times. It was like I was on that hunt! Thanks again for an awesome trip report!