Kodiak caribou blacktail combo hunt

mcseal2

WKR
I was listening to a podcast today where they talked about combo hunts for blacktail and caribou on Kodiak Island. I was wondering if anyone had done this? It sounds like a lot of fun to me and a great way to hunt a couple Alaskan animals I'd like to take in one trip. Then if life gets in the way of me making it back I'd at least have hunted both.

Thanks for any help you can give.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
The caribou (some call Reindeer from old Russian settlements) are in a few groups in isolated pockets mainly on the south end. Most flying services have a general idea if you will be in historic proximity to where they have been seen. We saw a handful including a couple great bulls a few years back hunting deer. We vowed to have a tag next time since you can tag a deer with the caribou tag if you choose.

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
I cant help with your questions but which podcast if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I’ve done it and going back again this year on the south end. Go4thegusto got it...it’s a right place right time. We had to take a flight inland from deer hunting on the coast, more into the tundra area if you will. We tried to chase them but never even saw one, apparently they migrate and basically walk circles on the island and we were not in the right place.

But trying again this year! We did shoot a couple of good bucks while looking for caribou so they can easily be hunted as a combo.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Thanks everyone. I think there was a link to the podcast on kodiak charters and hunts website. I cant remember the name.