Brooks Range outfitters

OP
thnksno

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
The week we were there the Bettles Lodge had a TRAIN WRECK going on. Two groups of hunters left the lodge and walked over to have BRA fly them out. Between those two, the Lodge would not even be a consideration based on what I saw.

Yes, we were there the same time and I would stay away with flying with them at the moment. There are new owners there from Chicago and they seam to be having a hard time figuring things out.

OP
thnksno

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
This thread scares me.... Guys post all their struggles and disappointment and then they say they would book with them again. Not me, I wouldn't take that chance. There are too many other outfits that don't have these kind of problems. Do your homework... like read this thread thoroughly and move on. This isn't one disgruntled customer... Ed F

My point on booking again is that it can always get worse. You have to take the good with the bad on most of these trips. If the good outweighs the bad then I go back with them. I felt brooks range had more good than bad. The bad wasn't totally bad, just some bumps in the road. I have left places looking for the perfect spot and talked to references and forums etc. When I have arrived the experiences can be worse than the people you had before.

Its like guiding fishing back here in South Dakota. You can have a 100 clients that all catch limits and it is 65 degrees and no wind. Then you have those 30 clients that show up and cant even get out because of the wind and the fishing has totally shut off. The happy guys don't frequent a forum and half the bad guys post their experience. One thing I have learned from going on guided trips or guiding hunters and fisherman is that the client can always be replaced. Its not always the way to look at it, but if a guy is not happy there is always someone that is happy so it works out. :)