Anyone flown with BRA this year?

montee77

FNG
Just curious how there operation is going this year with the unit closure? We flew with them last year and had a great hunt.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I dont believe that BRA was as affected by the closure in GMU 23, since they use 26A also. I was up there in their range area and ran in to 16 people total that they flew in to various spots. They were always on time it seemed to their clients.

All people seemed very happy with the service. Only 50% of those were hunters. Caribou were slow moving in while I was there, i'm sure it's better by now.

Big weather system moved in from west, so if you're asking about this season you might check in with them any expected delays.

lb

OP
M

montee77

FNG
Glad to hear they aren't affected, Jay & Judy are top notch, good luck kotaman.

I thought I would bump this. I'm flying with BRA a week from today and curious if anyone has a 2017 report.

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Fantastic bull!! We are heading up there with BRA next August! What can we expect?

They will do what they can do get you to your hunting location, very good pilots. we lost a day due to weather they couldn't get us in. There was 5 of us in our group and all shot nice bulls. All I can say is be in shape as that will dictate how far you can go from camp to shoot a bull and pack it back to camp. And depending on where you are hunting terrain wise be able to shoot 400yds

Congrats on your hunt! That bull is a beauty. I'm sitting on a plane about to depart for Fairbanks now. How were the noseeums?

Sounds like you had some good trips. I just got back yesterday. It was a fun but challenging trip. We had non-stop heavy winds day and night, freezing temps, and snow everyday, except for the day we flew back. The upshot is bugs were no issue.
The caribou seemed scattered with cows and calves representing 95% of what we saw. Six days of hard hunting resulted in two tags filled and two tags empty. The two animals harvested were great bulls and a welcome addition to the dinner menu after long days in the wind.
Everyone at BRA was very nice to deal with.

We flew with BRA 8/21-8/29. Had an incredible trip. There were 6 of us, we killed 3 big bou and 2 grizz. Could have killed another grizz but was out of tags. The weather sucked all 7 days and really dampered our hunting. Saw lots of bou but mostly cows and calves. Everyone at BRA was great. I don't know how to post pics on here from my phone so y'all will just have to believe me.

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
We flew with BRA 8/21-8/29. Had an incredible trip. There were 6 of us, we killed 3 big bou and 2 grizz. Could have killed another grizz but was out of tags. The weather sucked all 7 days and really dampered our hunting. Saw lots of bou but mostly cows and calves. Everyone at BRA was great. I don't know how to post pics on here from my phone so y'all will just have to believe me.

I think we passed you guys on the road down to the planes, we came out the 21st. What lake did you fly into, I think they took you to were we came out of. We saw 2 grizz also one was a nice one, but we were all non residents