Monster Bull

OP
poisonarrow

poisonarrow

Lil-Rokslider
No... not a world record but he should end up in the top five for P&Y. I green scored him last night at 430" net. I saw this bull on the first day of the hunt but was not able to connect with him until five days later. He was always in a group of about sixty animals and they liked to hang out in the wide open tundra. Finally after four days of failed attempts and a lot of waiting I was able to sneak in to 55 yards (with the help of your decoy) and make a good shot. Thanks again David

This is the response to my question about the size and the story.

No... not a world record but he should end up in the top five for P&Y. I green scored him last night at 430" net. I saw this bull on the first day of the hunt but was not able to connect with him until five days later. He was always in a group of about sixty animals and they liked to hang out in the wide open tundra. Finally after four days of failed attempts and a lot of waiting I was able to sneak in to 55 yards (with the help of your decoy) and make a good shot. Thanks again David

This is the response to my question about the size and the story.

Congrats mr arrow.....that is a fantastic bull and even more impressive that it was done with a bow. Caribou of that caliber are hard to come by, and you certainly have taken your once in a lifetime bull. Curious as to what lengths you measured for the longest two top tines. I know with all of that palmation, it can make it kind of tricky. I have taken a 440 caribou, but mine was rather easy to score as mine didn't have any of the palmation yours has.

What herd did you take him out of? ( I am always curious what herds are producing these fantastic bulls)

OP
poisonarrow

poisonarrow

Lil-Rokslider
I got the official score for this caribou. This is the scores in his words. He also bought a blacktail deer decoy.

The official score for that caribou is 430 1/8 Pope & Young making it
number five in the P&Y book. Also it scores 500 7/8 Safari Club
International making it number two in their book. I had alot of fun
with the deer decoy this year. It works very well on these deer. I just
did not do my part. Missed one and hit another poorly so I have no
pictures for you. I had several young bucks walk right in to a few
yards

bowuntr

WKR
This is not this guys only giant bull... two years ago he had another one over 400 in the P&Y two year awards. Beautiful animals... Ed F