Mackenzie Mountain Hunt Info Needed

buzzy

WKR
Howdy everyone,
I've signed up for my first hunt in the NWT with MMO. I'll be hunting Mt. Caribou in late September with Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters. I'm looking for suggestions on required gear or gear that should stay at home. Also info on the cheapest way to get to Norman Wells and suggestions or ways folks have gotten their trophies home. If I'm lucky enough to get a nice Caribou I'd probably get a Euro mount as I'm out of room for a shoulder mount. Any recommendations on taxidermists in Edmonton would be awesome.

I'm sure Stan will have plenty of info but I like to seek input from other hunters who have made the trek in the past. Thanks in advance for the info.

KClark

WKR
Been there done that 20 years ago so it might all be different now. I was there 2nd week of Sept. and it snowed 4" one night. Overnight lows of around 25-30*, daytime anywhere from 40-60* with rain a couple times. For shipping I split the skull and folded the horns on my 'bou which infuriated the outfitter (not Stan), he wanted another B&C entry but it made for much easier transportation. Outfitter was also shocked that I wanted to take meat home, he grumbled about that but I made it home with 75lbs. I was the only one in camp with a spotting scope, it was a must have. I took fishing gear and spent a couple pleasant evenings catching grayling and char, might check into that. I found the wolf tag to be a good investment. For the one night stay in Norman Wells the food situation sucked, hope it's better now. I drove from home (Helena MT) to Calgary and flew from there. Was hassled at the US border by very enthusiastic rude customs dudes. Partially disassembled my truck and left it that way, I had to put the air filter housing and door panels back on in the parking lot.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and good luck!