Real outfitted AK drop camps, not just air service?

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
I have a buddy that wants to go caribou hunting but doesn't want to do just the air service and then deal with camping equipment. Are there outfitters or services with fully supplied drop camps (cabins/wall tents, cots, cooking gear) like they do for elk in most western states? You know, show up and hunt (not really looking just for rental gear). We don't need a guide. The hunts like this in Canada are getting very expensive so I'm looking for something a little cheaper too.

Ray

WKR
Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters - About us

This is the only drop camp gear provider I am aware of. However, due to the issues up there with the Feds and locals there may be other issues.

The main reason why there are not many fully supplied camps for caribou is caribou move and are not always coming back on the same route year after year. This makes the permitting for a camp a waste of time and money for a business. Even the guy I linked to does not have camps built/installed for hunters. He does supply gear that flys out with you.

KJH

WKR
There are many services that do it. My very first hunt to AK was a fully outfitted drop camp with air transport. It got me hooked. I decided if I was going to come back every year I'd buy my own stuff.

There used to be several out of Kotzebue, but with GMU23 shut down I'm not sue if any of them exist. Back then I think you could fly with Ram Air, Northern Air Trophy, and a few others.

If I was going for a first time, I'd call Walt 907-259-4290 or [email protected]. This guy knows his stuff used to help people just like you for a small fee... He might still be a hunt planner. I'm not for sure.

dotman

WKR
I think Larry B with Pristine Ventures has something but he books up fast.

Beendare

WKR
I know a bunch of flying services....but if you want full service you might want to look at those canadian outfits for mtn caribou like Collingwood bros.

Top notch...but its going to cost you probably $13k each or more.[and don't be afraid to have that gal they have guide you...she is a stud]