Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say, once you get lucky on the draw and have a tag in your pocket this is everything but an easy hunt, especially if you want lots of opportunity. I spoke with Mike, Matt and a handful of other 590 tag holders and all seem to have a similar story. We worked very hard to get the two opportunities that we got! They were the only two bulls that we would even consider shooting. However, it is beautiful country and there is potential to kill a nice bou!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. The wife is sitting on DC590 tag this year that we had to put off till winter because of life. We will take the snowmachines and try to fill the tag hopefully before the antlers drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that amazed us was how many sheds were out there! Seriously unbelievable! When we would glass up on the mountain faces you could find a dozen plus sets just randomly laying around the hill sides! I would love to go up there during the winter. Will you be following the Talkeetna up river?

Quote Originally Posted by SpannerAK View Post
    Congrats. The wife is sitting on DC590 tag this year that we had to put off till winter because of life. We will take the snowmachines and try to fill the tag hopefully before the antlers drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    We will probably focus on the southern parts of the DC590 area and probably will not be too picky on the animal we use to fill the tag ether.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well now that I have had caribou backstrap over the grill, I would find my self ready to harvest anything to get some more! Have fun good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SpannerAK View Post
    We will probably focus on the southern parts of the DC590 area and probably will not be too picky on the animal we use to fill the tag ether.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great hunt. I did DC590 on condensed hunt in 2015 because of bad fly in weather. Went through Meekins air also and we both tagged out. It was one of the most memorable hunts and I️ canít wait to get the tag again. I️ could go for 10 days up there next time and learn from my mistakes. Congrats on the success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    If I am able to go back I would go 10 days as well, there's just not high numbers of caribou out there. Do you have pictures of your caribou? I'm very curious what comes out of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp238 View Post
    Great hunt. I did DC590 on condensed hunt in 2015 because of bad fly in weather. Went through Meekins air also and we both tagged out. It was one of the most memorable hunts and I️ canít wait to get the tag again. I️ could go for 10 days up there next time and learn from my mistakes. Congrats on the success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, nothing impressive but I️ wasnít looking for trophies. Iím a fan of filling the freezer then being selective because $1000 flight out, I️ couldnít afford to come home empty handed.

I️ can vouch that there are some beasts in there. Flooded with bear, sheep and had a bull moose come up on us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice bou. We had the same sightings of animals on our hunt as well! I'd love to have a grizz tag there, we almost killed an absolutely beautiful black bear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp238 View Post
    Yes, nothing impressive but I️ wasnít looking for trophies. Iím a fan of filling the freezer then being selective because $1000 flight out, I️ couldnít afford to come home empty handed.

I️ can vouch that there are some beasts in there. Flooded with bear, sheep and had a bull moose come up on us.