Any Mountain caribou hunters out there?

kep7790

FNG
Hey have any of you guys done any mountain caribou hunting? Any suggestions on a good guide? Thanks

idig4au

WKR
Yep, I've taken several in NWT. For Caribou Only, I would probably look at Arctic Red as they have some terrific caribou hunting. Gana River is an absolutely fantastic outfit to go with as well

I work with an outfitter that guides for Mtn Caribou. Most of his Caribou hunts are combo hunts with Moose or Goat. Give me a call and we can discuss.
Mark Harrington
325-276-1414
[email protected]
fulltimehunts.com

GotDraw?

WKR
Definitely strongly recommend Joel Wilkinson, Outfitter/Owner of Ceaser Lake Outfitters in Watson Lake, Yukon Territory. I know Joel's Mountain Caribou reputation is very strong and his success rate is approx 100%. Big, mature bulls.

Helluva guiding operation, he has a team of fantastic guides working with him and his lease franchise is 8 Million acres!

I killed a great archery bull moose with him this year, my buddy has killed three nice archery bull moose with him and he's going for Mountain Caribou this year (archery). I think he already also got 1 caribou with him, too.

Ceaser Lake Outfitters

PM me with questions.

Best,

JL

buzzy

WKR
I'm heading up this fall with McKenzie Mountain Outfitters for caribou and moose. He comes highly recommended. Will be going on a late hunt, end of Sept into Oct, and this will be my first time in the NWT.

If anyone has a suggested gear list I'd love to see it.

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
Wow I'm jealous..... I should have made a better career decision to afford some of these awesome hunts! I was happy to afford an air transport in Alaska! This reply is so I can follow this thread and research suggested outfits! Hope you have an awesome hunt with whoever you choose!

Really looking forward to a fall of bowhunting them.....in BC DIY and in the NWT at ARRO (Arctic Red River) as well! I'll see some fine country that is for sure!

Shawstr

FNG
I work for makenzi mountain outfitters in NWT and it has a lot of big animals. and Stan runs a topnotch outfit. I can send you some pics of some animals from this season pm me

For a backpack style hunt, I think Arctic Red is hard to beat. If you're looking for a more traditional horseback hunt, check out Mervyn's Yukon Outfitting. I worked there in the past and there is some monsters in that area. (Several of the top B&C came from his area)

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord