First Lite Guide Pants

Thinking of picking up a pair of the corrugate guides from First Lite. I have heard mixed things about them being overly warm. I will be using them for hot days, ie 75-90 degrees. How well do they breathe and do you overheat in them? Lastly, do they feel lightweight or fairly substantial when wearing them?

chuckq777

FNG
Similar to prana Zion and Eddie Bauer pro pant. But the run big. I ordered large and they are to big. 35” waist and Gona try the mediums.

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the kanabs and corrugates. In my opinion the corrugate guides do not breathe as well as the kanabs which is opposite of what most reviews will say. That said I will almost always pick the guides over the merino pants as they are so dang comfortable and durable. I am in Texas so I know heat and the guides work fine. I’ve also worn them in the mountains of nm and co. They are great pants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwb300

WKR
I love the guides. Never been too hot in them but in saying that I tend to wear the kanabs in 'hot' weather. The Guides are my go-to pant - got three pairs now.

xcutter

WKR
I love these pants. I have 2 pairs. They are tough and extremely comfortable. If I could do Yoga these pants would be able to handle it. LOL.

I love mine. Two pair. Wearing them more than my kuiu attacks lately, which had been my favorite. I find them more comfortable in warm / hot weather than my kanabs. But for really hot weather I like kuiu tiburons.

I like them for day use and I find them to be tougher than the wool pants. That being said, in warm weather the Obsidians (thinner than kanabs) are hard to beat for breathability. I find myself wearing the Kanabs or Obsidians much more than the Corrugate's as of late, for three reasons. 1) the wool pants don't smell near as bad after a hard day (or 5) of hiking, sweating, getting wet, etc. 2) the wool pants breathe much better and dry out so much faster once wet from rain, snow or sweat. and 3) the wool pants are head and shoulders more comfortable to me than the guides, but I have thunder thighs and a big ass, maybe the fit just suits me better.. Just my thoughts and YMMV.

I like them for day use and I find them to be tougher than the wool pants. That being said, in warm weather the Obsidians (thinner than kanabs) are hard to beat for breathability. I find myself wearing the Kanabs or Obsidians much more than the Corrugate's as of late, for three reasons. 1) the wool pants don't smell near as bad after a hard day (or 5) of hiking, sweating, getting wet, etc. 2) the wool pants breathe much better and dry out so much faster once wet from rain, snow or sweat. and 3) the wool pants are head and shoulders more comfortable to me than the guides, but I have thunder thighs and a big ass, maybe the fit just suits me better.. Just my thoughts and YMMV.

I’m surprised to hear that the merino pants dry out faster than the nylon corrugates.

JD619er

WKR
I’ve been thinking about picking some corrugates up for a while now but I have a predicament with first lite sizing. I have a 30” waist and a 32-33” inseam. So by waist size I need a small but inseam I need a medium or medium tall. Anyone know if the size smalls really run that much shorter than the mediums?

Benjblt

WKR
I love them and wear mine all the time. I'd say they'd be a little hot for 75-90 degree weather and there's a better option out there for that temp range. I like my Kuiu Tiburons for that. Hip vents are a big asset in that warm of temperatures.