Best pullover out there

HawkeyeHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for another new layer. Would say medium to heavy weight. Thinking either wool or fleece in a quarter/half zip pull over style. What is everyone’s favorite go to piece in this category that I should be looking at?

Patagonia r1 or halstead from first light. Basically the same. I have others but I keep going back to these.

matman

Lil-Rokslider
As the two above mentioned Patagonia sells some really nice layers. The better sweater is medium weight fleece that is superb for anything from outdoor activities to going out for a beer. The R1 is a more lighter weight technical, grid type, fleece. I have also used the core heavy weight hoody from Sitka, this hoody reminds me a lot of the R1. All great options I have had quite a bit of experience with. To me the better sweater is more of a casual garment while the R1 and CORE are technical pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I freeze to death in the better seater and feed like I get almost zero warmth from it for some reason. I just think the fleece is way too open of a weave and it gets a ton of airflow. Its also pretty bulky if actually hiking in it or packing with it on. R1 is nice, I felt like the Halstead didn't do much for me either but too many people like it so I'm sure my experience is the odd one there. I really like the Kuiu 240 Peloton even though it is a full zip you get pretty good wind resistance from it and I feel the 240 still breathes extremely well.

Akicita

WKR
I haven't found anything that compares to my Arcteryx Delta AR half zip in a wide range of conditions and I've tried nearly all of them. Hands down the first thing I grab when I need a mid layer.

WJS23

WKR
The Halstead fleece or the Sitka fanatic hoody are great options and I also have the old first lite Labrador that is wicked warm too but they are hard to come by now

I like the military PCU level 2 grid fleece. Mine is a large/long and the long tail is great. Cheap too. Got it on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owenst7

WKR
I freeze to death in the better seater and feed like I get almost zero warmth from it for some reason. I just think the fleece is way too open of a weave and it gets a ton of airflow. Its also pretty bulky if actually hiking in it or packing with it on. R1 is nice, I felt like the Halstead didn't do much for me either but too many people like it so I'm sure my experience is the odd one there. I really like the Kuiu 240 Peloton even though it is a full zip you get pretty good wind resistance from it and I feel the 240 still breathes extremely well.

You aren't supposed to wear fleece as a top layer. It's designed to be very permeable to air. That's why it's warm for it's weight.

The REI 1/4 zip 200 weight is a good athletic fit and goes on sale for $20. Comes in Heather grey. Has a YKK zipper. My medium weighs 8 or 10 ounces.

Trial153

WKR
Sitka core heavy weight Hoody and slightly lighter TAD Gear vortex Hoody. The R1 is decent piece as well