FL Uncompahgre or Vapor Stormlight?

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado Sept 8-14 near Collbran for archery. If you had to pick one jacket, which of the two would you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two completely different jackets. It would depend on the weather for me. If it was going to be dry and cold I would take the uncompahgre. If chance of rain or occasion thunderstorms I would take the storm light. But I usually take the uncompahgre anyway for insulation.

Tough one because they are made for two completely different purposes. I'd get the Uncompahgre and a cheaper rain shell to go over it myself. You'd be covered for both cold/dry and cold/wet if you layer them.

OP
I

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the quick replies. I have a good rain shell that I bought for fishing trips to Canada, but is bright red and I’m hesitant to have that on during archery/muzzy season.

Most of the rain you’ll see in Colorado that time of year will be passing storms that you’ll probably just wait out for an hour, and they come around mid day or early afternoon if they happen at all. I wouldn’t sweat the red shell. Wear it and buy the unpronounceable is my vote. Colorado rain gear is so annoying because you know you should pack it but chances are good you won’t use it. But if you don’t pack it it’ll rain the whole time.