What non-hunting brands have you found for hunting that have become ‘go-to’ pieces ?

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I bought several pairs of pants from REI to use on hunts when I first started hunting and there was not much available for girls and continue to use them today. I also have a Mountain Hardware ghost whisper jacket I received as a gift that is one of the warmest and lightest jackets I’ve ever owned. Last but not least, I have bought a few dry bags and a camel back backpack for my daughter from the Walmart line ‘Ozark Trail’ that I have been very impressed by. I know this has been a thread before but I thought i would revive it in case anyone has stumbled on other great finds...|

ianpadron

WKR
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants.

Arcteryx Hardshells and Atom LT Hoodies, better than any hunting brand.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
EB guide pants for sure.

Giving my Solomon trail running shoes a go this Fall too.

I know I'm supposed to hate Jetboil, but I bought my Mini Mo before I knew that. And I really love it.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I’m a fan of the $18 Costco UB Tech travel pants, wife actually just got me 2 more pairs today.

Armstrong

FNG
+1 on the EB guide pants. I love the pants. however on three occasions the stitching has failed on me incredibly fast. If It wasn’t for their great warranty I think I’d be singing a different tune.

WYCFM1

WKR
Eddie Bauer guide pros. Prana Zion or Brion pants. Helly hansen. Arc teryx. Outdoor vision pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WYCFM1

WKR
Sorry outdoor research pants

xziang

WKR
I really like the Kuhl brand. I have used a pair of their convertible pants numerous times. (never made them to shorts) After those I bought a pair of their 'normal' long pants which I'm impressed with. I also use one of their grey merino pull over long sleeves. After 3 years though it did develop a hole in it which I needed to patch up. My first gaiters were OR which worked well.

WYCFM1

WKR
Heard more good about OR gaitors

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
EB down jackets, fleece and some wind breaker jackets.

MH ultra light rain jacket, sorry can’t remember the name.

Bergan’s of Norway. I don’t think they have a US distributer any more. I have another rain jacket that I don’t know the name of.

Wrangler hiking pants. I’m picky so don’t wear them for hunting anymore but ya for $25 they are hard to beat.

Russell athletic base layers and quarter zips. Loved these until they started using bright colors and reflective panels.

Owenst7

WKR
Osprey Aether
Mountainsmith tarp shelter
Wrangler tech pants
Costco Merino socks
Paradox base layers
Gerry puffy (Costco)
Marmot precip rain jacket
REI quarter zip fleece
Starter long inseam boxer briefs

It's pretty rare that I see a "hunting brand" outdo the rest of the outdoor industry on weight/warmth/fit/function.

amp713

WKR
I picked up the luxe tipi on an absolute leap of faith as there wasnt alot out there on them. Super happy with them so far and talk to the owner occasionally and he wants to get into the hunting scene more as well

Slim Jim

WKR
Costco has these pants called “Gerry” that are just like pana zion stretch but instead of a cargo pocket, they have a zippered leg pocket like the Eddie Bauer guide pros. The fit is awesome as well. $15.99 unreal
Sorry Tanya only men’s but Ryan will like them

ghost338

FNG
+EB
+OR
Two very excellent companies that have great gear and outstanding warranties. I own many pieces from both.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
I also will echo the Eddie Bauer guide pro pants. In fact, I own five pairs I like them so much. Don't overlook their downlight jackets either. They are super warm and packable and can be had for 50% off after the winter season.

Eddie Bauer hiking pants! Also, their First Ascent line has many good offerings. I just got the First Ascent puffy in grey to use as an insulation layer for hunting this fall.
I also have some hiking pants from Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS.com) that I really love and would wear them hunting if they were a more earth-tone color.
Hubbs has and loves the Wrangler tech pants for hiking, hunting, scouting, and everyday wear.