Sitka timber line pant for short legged guys

Rwbrew3

WKR
Hey guys/gals .... I’m about to order a pair of the timberlines but a bit leary, I’m a short dude with short legs and I’m concerned the knee pad and material will be to low, i have a pair of mountain paints and I have to pull up my pants a bit to line up the pads to my knees, not a big deal,but the TL have that material and I don’t want them to look like shin guards, so I just want to see if others have this problem.Also read they run a tad small and to size up, I have lots of sitka and the others all run pretty true.

Any help would be much appreciated

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think mine run true to waist size. I have the tall so sorry no help on the knee pads.

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
I went ahead and ordered them, sized up one.... I’m sure hoping they don’t ride to low!

Thanks for the responses !

The suspenders might help keep them up, but they might end up being "shin guards" as you put it. At least you can remove the knee pads if they are uncomfortable.

Im 5'11 with shorter legs and mine end up as shin guards. I take the knee pads out, but I love the pants. They are my go to pants.

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Im 5'11 with shorter legs and mine end up as shin guards. I take the knee pads out, but I love the pants. They are my go to pants.

If 5’11 is short I’m in big trouble, I’m about 5’6 in real life but 5’8 on my Drivers’s license :)

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Got my timberlines today and the top of the knee pad sits just below the top of my knee cap, most of the pad is below my knees and I have to pull the pants up for the knee pads to go where needed. I’m a 33-34 and i got a pair of 35R and glad I did. Not sure if I will be keeping, might return them and get another pair of mountains or a pair of apex.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
It depends on your waist size. The higher the waist the longer the inseam. 32 inseam would be great if they would stick to it. My knee pads are shin guards. I tried on the new Apex lightweight pants and the length was much better.

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Yeah, these are going back, I couldn’t pull them up any higher if I wanted to,the crotch area is where it should be, and the butt area seems to sit to low. Not sure where the apex sits between my mountain pants and ascents, I would think right in the middle.

Yeah, these are going back, I couldn’t pull them up any higher if I wanted to,the crotch area is where it should be, and the butt area seems to sit to low. Not sure where the apex sits between my mountain pants and ascents, I would think right in the middle.

Good luck in your search. Let us know what you find.

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Pants going back tomorrow and Apex on there way, I tried everything and they are just not designed for the shorter crowd. I tried putting on my gaiters to keep the knee pad over my knee, it worked but they just bunched up around my upper legs... Hoping Sitka figures out that not everyone is over 6’ tall. They are AWESOME pants but they would drive me crazy !!