Flat lander needs your OK

FNG
Hey all - I'm going on my first "mountain trip" this October to SW Montana. I'll be out there for gun season so the ~20th - 30th or so. Can you tell me if this gear list should be sufficient out there? I'll have a base camp to run back to if needed, but I'd like to live with this for the 10 days. Let me know your thoughts.

Bottoms:
First Lite Alleghany bottoms
Kenetrek midweight merino socks
Kuiu Attack pants
(also have Prana Zion pants, just in case :) )

Top:
FL Llano
FL Chama
FL Halstead
Columbia fleece vest
FL Uncompaghre
FL Neck gaiter
warm hat/ball cap

Also have Cabelas Rainy river parka (top and bottom) for rain and wind blocker.

Thanks for your input!!!!!

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Last year in NW Colorado we woke up opening morning to single digit temps and 5” of snow. I would plan on a Sanctuary type jacket as it allowed me to sit the first few days while the temps came back up. It was cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Ah just saw your parka listed. I missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Legs might get chilled if it gets really cold while you're glassing, I had puffy pants on at camp and morning glassing last year in CO during that timeframe (colder than prior years). Make sure you have gloves, sorta goes without saying but I didn't see them listed.

Toss a couple chemical warmers in the truck supplies and if the weather report is single/teens you might want to bring a few out incase your boots are frozen in the mornings which makes for really damn cold toes when glassing.

OP

FNG
Legs might get chilled if it gets really cold while you're glassing, I had puffy pants on at camp and morning glassing last year in CO during that timeframe (colder than prior years). Make sure you have gloves, sorta goes without saying but I didn't see them listed.

Toss a couple chemical warmers in the truck supplies and if the weather report is single/teens you might want to bring a few out incase your boots are frozen in the mornings which makes for really damn cold toes when glassing.

Yeah I was planning on doing some sort of puffy pants. Any recommendations?

mcseal2

WKR
I like the Kuiu Kenai puffy pants but they are the only ones I've tried too. I like that I can zip them on once I arrive at my glassing spot and zip them off when active.

OP

FNG
I like the Kuiu Kenai puffy pants but they are the only ones I've tried too. I like that I can zip them on once I arrive at my glassing spot and zip them off when active.

Those look like a solid option, thanks. I feel much better now, hopefully its not -50 out there and I should be fine. Thanks again everyone :)