Anybody got the new Kuiu Talus Hybrid Pant?

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair. Only had them a couple days so all I’ve done is try them on. Anything you want to know, considering I haven’t actually used them yet?

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I'm always on the hunt or some little bit thicker copper pants but don't pick up stickers like Velcro. The marketing says something about being pick resistant. Basically I'm wondering if these would be a really good thick brush pant where the wet comes from Below and stickers and sharp things are everywhere.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
I read your other post about pants. I’m also from the PNW and was basically looking for the same thing. I bought the Pro’s about a month ago and then saw these so picked them up as well. Both have literally been tried on once and then thrown in the hunting clothes tub. Give me a day or two and I’ll dig them both out and at least give you a living room “comparison” of the two.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Thanks a bunch!

Is the waterproof panels like the yukon material or something different?

Totally interested in the pros too. Havent tried kuiu pants. Never really thought they fit my niche until l heard if these two.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I was able to check them both out. The Pro's fit very similar to the Attack, albeit a little tighter through the quads/seat. The fabric is definitely different and seems to be a little slicker with a slightly tighter weave. The advertised upgrade in durability seems to be legit. The Pro's look to be really tough. The knee pads might take a bit to get used but I could see them coming in handy. The pads seem a little low until you kneel down and they are right where they should be.

I ended up exchanging my Attacks for the Pro's. Although I'm not 100% sold on the knee pads, I think they are gonna come in really handy when I'm crawling through the sage or skinning an animal on the ground.

The Talus fit is right there with the Attack/Pro's. The face of the waterproof areas and the non-waterproof areas are very similar and difficult to tell apart. The inside of the waterproof areas has thin layer of grid fleece. My impression of the Talus is that if you were going somewhere that you'll be walking through large areas of wet grass, they would be great. But, for me, the areas of brushed fleece are going to be too warm for a day to day hunting pant. A tall pair of gaiters and a glassing pad would take the place of the waterproof areas. And, if I'm moving through a really wet area, I'll just pop on my rain pants.

Hope this helps.

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
I would echo steelheadmike’s comments to a T. The fit for both the Pro and Talus are nearly identical. In fact, I’d go so far as to say the pants are pretty much the exact same thing with the Talus having the waterproof areas sewn into the butt and lower legs. They both seem to have a tighter knit than my Attacks, though my Attacks are several years old and I couldn’t say if the new ones are any different,. These should do better with picking up debris and pilling than my Attacks, though I haven’t had a lot of trouble with that.

As Mike said, you can’t tell the difference from the two materials used on the Talus pants. They do have a fleece backer in the waterproof areas on the Talus pants so this will probably make them a warmer pant. They’re definitely heavier than the Pro’s.

I’m also not totally sure on the knee pads. Again as Mike stated, they feel low when you’re standing but this does put them right where they should be when you kneel. That being said you feel them under your knee/upper shin when your walking. They’re pretty flat coming out of the package so maybe they’ll get some shape to them which would help. Time will tell if I love the knee pads or it drives me crazy while hiking.

IdahoElk

WKR
Seriously Heavy Duty! will be great for rifle when conditions are nasty or even for upland bird hunting in tall wet grass. Fit like my Attacks.

robie

WKR
Same question for me. I've been looking at the timberline but if these are as good or better I'm interested.
Would they make good stalking pants? Quite? How do they compare to the Sitka Timberline?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

IdahoElk

WKR
Same question for me. I've been looking at the timberline but if these are as good or better I'm interested.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Not sure about the Sitka timberline as I've haven't owned a pair but these Talus pants seem to be almost rain paints being just slightly less noisy than the Yukon's.
They look like a combination of Guide pants and Yukons and are heavy duty in construction and weight.
To me they will be great for cold weather late season hunts when things are wet or you're in snow.
As for stalking I love my Attacks and Tiburons,the Talus is made for bad conditions/weather and not super quiet.

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Wore the new Talus pants yesterday for the first time. Covered about 9 miles and 5000' elevation. Weather was mid-50's with light rain.

I was surprised I didn't sweat more because they are clearly heavier than the attacks, they are definitely breathable. The waterproof areas of the pants are really nice, I did not have to use rain pants at all the entire day. The knee pads are a little thicker than the ones on the Alpine pants and at first were a little awkward, but when kneeling on rocks they were super comfortable. Just need to get used to them.

These will be my new go-to pants for late fall hunting, but will opt for the lighter Alpines if temps are above 60.

Bringing this thread back because I'm considering getting a pair instead of Timberlines. I can get new set of talus pants for 180$ with my birthday promo code from Kuiu. 180ish seems to be going rate for used timberlines.

That being said how have the talus been holding up for the people that have them.

Anyone have both timberlines and talus and can say one is better than the other?

Don't think I can really go wrong with either just looking for some insight

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bringing this thread back because I'm considering getting a pair instead of Timberlines. I can get new set of talus pants for 180$ with my birthday promo code from Kuiu. 180ish seems to be going rate for used timberlines.

That being said how have the talus been holding up for the people that have them.

Anyone have both timberlines and talus and can say one is better than the other?

Don't think I can really go wrong with either just looking for some insight

I want to know how to get a birthday code.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I want to know how to get a birthday code.

Signed up for their email list. Literally get a email almost everyday from them, but yea my bday was back in August and I checked and code still works
121bd2f6c87a12f0e1af2ddb60e02a7c.jpg

Signed up for their email list. Literally get a email almost everyday from them, but yea my bday was back in August and I checked and code still works
121bd2f6c87a12f0e1af2ddb60e02a7c.jpg

Missed it by a day or two. Wonder if they'll send a retro code.