Packable warm puffy for late season deer hunting in MN

ChadSchu

FNG
Saving my money for a good puffy. Looking for advice on a good packable warm puffy for late season deer stand hunting in Minnesota. Open to hearing all options. Currently have two puffy jackets one from cabelas and one cheap one with a hood from Target but looking to get a nicer lighter one.

Thanks,
Chad

I’m starting to feel like the Montbell evangelist around here but at that price point I like their Alpine Light parka. It’s warm as heck. I wear it in northern Minnesota during 1st rifle in November. Skip the stuff sack and just stuff it...wherever, and let it fill the voids in your pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Dont discount the kifaru LLP kind of loud but so warm!

Loud and Whitetail does not make a good combination unfortunately! If you're hunting rifle not such a big deal, but if you are flinging arrows your need your outer gear to be dead silent.

Loud and Whitetail does not make a good combination unfortunately! If you're hunting rifle not such a big deal, but if you are flinging arrows your need your outer gear to be dead silent.

Keep in mind that a puffy jacket is normally, but not necessarily, worn under an outer garment that will protect from wind and rain. So, noise doesn't have to be a big factor in your choice. IF you are going to wear it as an outer layer then you definitely want it to be quiet if you are hunting whitetail.

Larry

Kindo

WKR
If you ever want to take a look at the LPP, I live here in Hudson and you're welcome to take a look at it.

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look a the 2017 Browning Hell's Canyon Speed Shrike or the new 2018 version with hood and Gore windstoper.

I have the 2017 version and it is the warmest and most durable puffy I have ever used. Puts my Sitka Kelvin jacket to shame though it does weigh a little more. You can find the 2017 version on sale currently. Its also very wind resistant.

Unless I need camo, I'm 100% into Feathered Friends of Seattle, WA. I've had several of their down vests and jackets. Their build quality easily exceeds anything mass produced for sale in big retail sports stores. They'll wash it for you if needed. If it ever needs a repair they will do that as well. My latest puffy jacket is their Helios. Physically light. Big loft. Large handwarmer pockets. Total furnace in cold wind.