Prana Zion or EB Guide Pro pants

I find the EB to be a little lighter weight so that may be better for the hot and humid. But there are definitely not as well made and durable as the Pranas.

FlyGuy

WKR
Either. I have both but I find myself grabbing the EB thr most often. A little thinner, more breathable, and have a little more stretch. The pranas are more durable, but the EB have lifetime warranty so if you have trouble you can return them in store really easy.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

WYCFM1

WKR
Pranas for sure. Way more durable. EB threads fall out of pocket seams. My pranas dry faster than my EB. Both have been used daily for months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCL

WKR
I have both and prefer the Prana Zions. My latest EB don't seem to be of the same quality as my older ones.

Pranas for sure. Way more durable. EB threads fall out of pocket seams. My pranas dry faster than my EB. Both have been used daily for months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the same failure I've been having. I wonder if they will work to improve this or just keep accepting all the warranty returns.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's the same failure I've been having. I wonder if they will work to improve this or just keep accepting all the warranty returns.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
X3. I've only worn my EBs a few times and washed once and my pocket threads are also pulling.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
So far, I like my EB more than the Pranas. Both are great pants, can't go wrong with either.

krohboy

WKR
I tend to wear the EB more on my day to day but reach for the Pranas when I'm heading to the woods. They hold up a little better to the abuse.

FNG
I regularly hike the Georgia portion of the Appalachian trail in mid-summer with the Prana's. It's unbearably hot and humid - my vote.

Armstrong

FNG
I have owned both and prefer the fit and feel of the EB guide. However I have had the same problem with the pocket stitching coming loose. I have had 4 pairs and it’s happened within the first day with all of them. Good thing they have the lifetime warranty.

wesfromky

WKR
I also have both, and had to have the EB replaced after a couple months - they basically disintegrated at the belt seam line on the back. They are lighter weight though. Both are super comfortable for sure.

OP
C
I've decided I gonna try both, but wondering if anyone has a problem with that buckle on the front of the Zion's. Particularly with a pack waist belt cranked down tight.

byz250f

FNG
I've decided I gonna try both, but wondering if anyone has a problem with that buckle on the front of the Zion's. Particularly with a pack waist belt cranked down tight.

I hiked almost 30 miles with my Pranas and my EXO 5500 on our last trip and had no issues with the belt on the pants with a pack.

the pranas have the leg snaps so you can roll up the pants legs and breathe a little more which is nice in addition to the venting hols in the crotch

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the same experience with the EB pocket stitching coming loose on the lower side pockets, but the EB are lighter and cooler in my opinion. Also, if you decide on the EB wait for a 50% off sale. You can find the Prana on decent sales too if you look around.

engelm

FNG
Between the two, prana for sure. I actually prefer the Prana Brion to the Prana Stretch Zion though. You lose the leg pocket, ability to roll up and button the bottoms and the integrated belt, but I find the fit of the Brions to be far superior and reach for those much more often.

AdamW

WKR
I prefer the EBs though I did have the pocket thread issue on my first ones. My newer ones (last 6 months or so) are stitched differently and have not had this issue. My past ones I had the issue with they insisted I warranty them after mentioning the pair I was wearing was unraveling. Having an attractive chick in a store tell me to take my pants off was the highlight of my week.

I like the fit and fabric of the EB more, the Prana is more durable and potentially slightly warmer as mentioned.

Some lined EBs would be money for mid-season, I'd love to have some.