Kuiu teton rain jacket

Benjblt

WKR
Any one used this jacket? How does it fit next to the other Kuiu rain jackets? Is it durable? Waterproof? All the usual questions. Just looking for a little feedback to see if it's worth the $100 on the Kuiu outlet.

IdahoElk

WKR
The Teton stays in my pack all the time for the occasional shower I may run into.Fit is just like the other Kuiu rain jackets,it works fine and durability is average.My go to rain gear for when I know weather will be bad is the more durable Chugach.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Teton stays in my pack all the time for the occasional shower I may run into.Fit is just like the other Kuiu rain jackets,it works fine and durability is average.My go to rain gear for when I know weather will be bad is the more durable Chugach.

Good way to describe it.

I only have the pants. Material surprises me on durability but it’s still light weight stuff. Water proofness is pretty good. Build quality is better than most stuff I see at rei at a comparable price. At the outlet prices it’s a solid buy, just keep in mind it’s intended use.

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone with a comparison between the Teton and an OR Helium ii? I THINK I'm probably gonna go Helium, because it's a proven and well received piece, but would love someone's thoughts if you've handled both.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone with a comparison between the Teton and an OR Helium ii? I THINK I'm probably gonna go Helium, because it's a proven and well received piece, but would love someone's thoughts if you've handled both.

The sizing is wonky with the helium ii. It’s sized like a shirt so if you’re a large shirt then you might need a 2x for layering. Shell material felt pretty equal against abuse. I’m a bit long in my torso and felt like the helium was short.