First Lite customer service

KBC

WKR
I just wanted to post about my experience dealing with First Lite and their excellent customer service. I've been in contact with them a few times since I had a bit of a warranty issue last year and every time they go above and beyond.

From taking care of a minor warranty issue to answering questions about products, I've been in contact with several of their employees and every time they are awesome to deal with. I will be sure to buy more stuff from them in the future and support an awesome group of people some more.

Cheers!

I wish I had the same experience! They helped me out on four items that failed inside two weeks. Very good. Then I spend $190 on their Obsidians and start to wear a hole in the knee after four or five days. They told me I was SOL. I spoke with Sitka and asked them what they would have done in that situation. They said they'd have fixed or replaced the item. Sold all my FL and bought Sitka! Should have done that after item two or three but I'm a slow learner sometimes lol.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I found the CS to be excellent. The issue i had was that i was using it too much. I pretty much sold all my first lite except for some boxers and base layers, both look like swiss cheese with holes but at least i got some use out of them. Between QC issues and weird sizing i am staying away.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
I can only speak for my own experience but I have had them replace a item on warranty almost a year after I originally bought it on a discount. I also have paid for an item on discount only for the stock to run out and then discount me an entire order of items that were marked retail. Both times they absolutely gave me no hassle and came up with the solution that worked great for me. I would buy way more of their stuff if I wasn't so broke, what pieces I have are some of my favorite gear

4ester

WKR
I’ve been very satisfied with first lites customer service. Tore a pocket out of a Uncomparghe jacket and they sent me out a new one no questions asked. And the durability has been very good with their wool, just have to treat it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
They are replacing my year and a half old boxers that wore through the crotch area. I wear them all the time for every activity and was super bummed when they got a hole. I emailed them explaining what happened and asked if they might have a discount code to get another pair, they offered to replace them instead. So awesome.

That's why I'll keep buying First Lite!

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same warranty issue with aerowool boxers. The new wick boxers they sent are even more comfortable than the old aerowool. Still has the mesh patch but it is smaller and hopefully won't wear as much. But to get a year out of my favorite boxers isn't bad. For some reason I wear holes in the crotch if all my boxers anyways some don't last a year

I wish I had the same experience! They helped me out on four items that failed inside two weeks. Very good. Then I spend $190 on their Obsidians and start to wear a hole in the knee after four or five days. They told me I was SOL. I spoke with Sitka and asked them what they would have done in that situation. They said they'd have fixed or replaced the item. Sold all my FL and bought Sitka! Should have done that after item two or three but I'm a slow learner sometimes lol.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is what keeps me away from Kuiu and First Lite. Lots of mixed results when it comes to customer service, whereas Sitka seems to go above and beyond. http://www.rokslide.com/forums/general-discussion-forum/78894-sitka-customer-service-rave.html

Also, my Sitka gear just seems like its constructed better. It fits better. Ive had a pair of Ascent pants for two years that I've ran hard and aside from a few pulls they're still in GREAT condition.

I wouldn't spend my money with any of the others.

First Lite warranty is horrible. I had a pair of rain pants completely delaminate on all taped seams. Material itself was durable but water came through every seam.

I tried to get a replacement and all they would do is offer a 30% discount code which basically their sales price. Did I mention the product failed after 1 season?

I have never had to warranty Kuiu or Sitka. I will just stick with those or other brands moving forward.

Picture:

ecbd7d1f0956f58bc999026394f96c75.jpg

Have had it both ways with them. They weren’t much help when my rain gear took some tears first time I wore it. Some thorns grabbed the shoulder and opened it up enough to let in water on a cold day. Honestly more of a poor design/materials than customer service issue.

they did warranty a pair of kanabs with the exploding crotch thing. They were even kind enough to allow me to return the replacements for a different size.

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
I've blown up several pieces of FirstLite clothing and been denied any kind of warranty/fix on all but one. I will not buy FirstLite again. I've replaced all my camo (except for a few outer layers for waterfowl hunting) with solids from Outdoor Research. OR stuff lasts me many years, and the warranty is unconditional.

FTG52

FNG
The customer service seems great they say everything will be taken care of then you fill out the warranty form and all you get is crickets. I’ve tried multiple times and get nowhere. I’ve blew up every pair of pants I’ve gotten on extremely light use. I can’t imagine they’d last one trip into the backcountry.

BKehoe05

FNG
I just wanted to post about my experience dealing with First Lite and their excellent customer service. I've been in contact with them a few times since I had a bit of a warranty issue last year and every time they go above and beyond.

From taking care of a minor warranty issue to answering questions about products, I've been in contact with several of their employees and every time they are awesome to deal with. I will be sure to buy more stuff from them in the future and support an awesome group of people some more.

Cheers!
Well this sounds like a shameless plug from someone who works at the company. Kind of ironic that I received a customer service response to a warranty issue today, and the individual responded with Cheers.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Well this sounds like a shameless plug from someone who works at the company. Kind of ironic that I received a customer service response to a warranty issue today, and the individual responded with Cheers.
Back from the dead…
I did have some great experiences with them in the past but I’ve actually had a change of heart regarding FL. I like the clothes but it seems like they are getting more and more expensive and the clothes are still made in places not known for the best labour practices.
My last email to them a few months ago was a complaint they wanted to charge me $240 Canadian for something when the exchange rate at the time was equal to about $200 Canadian. I also told them I was having a hard time supporting them anymore when they act like great people, but charge an arm and a leg for clothing not made in places like the USA or Canada.

Edit;
Sorry I forgot to say cheers! ;)

BKehoe05

FNG
Lol sorry to call you out like I did. I was just so infuriated with the response I got and when you said cheers it sounded just like the individual who responded to me.

Reactions: KBC