Belt recommendations

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I use a belt that came with a pair a waders for when I have my pack on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Look up Grip 6 belts. I'm pleased with mine.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

land cruiser

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on HPG belt, 2 years and counting. Have many other belts including Sitka, KUIU and SOE, no comparison.

slowelk

WKR
Get an arcade belt. Its got some stretch, lays flat and is super comfy especially if you are climbing over blow downs, its stretchyness gives you just a little bit more mobility over the standard strap belts.

Yes, arcade belts are excellent - stretchy but doesn't move, lightweight, flat. I've posted about them in the past, but people didn't seem to care for whatever reason.

fishslap

WKR
Yes, arcade belts are excellent - stretchy but doesn't move, lightweight, flat. I've posted about them in the past, but people didn't seem to care for whatever reason.

Which one of their belts do you recommend? Do you know the width? Good item to put on the xmas list.

Kifaru belt. Never had an issue with a packs hip belt while wearing the kifaru pants belt.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

My Bison belt slips a lot. I also don't wear a belt when I am wearing a pack. It has been relegated to casual wear.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m a cheapskate so I use a piece of 1” nylon webbing and a ladder lock buckle. It’s not super convenient to fasten, but it’s low profile, adjusts easily, and the price was less than $1.

To those that are wearing the Hill People Gear Velcro/webbing belt, on their website it gives a size range for each belt. Do those size ranges correspond to your normal pant size or your normal belt size? I’ve tried calling and emailing them about it but haven’t gotten a response yet.

Ronb

WKR
b067f2c55ac67c525004bae272c95afa.jpg

CarlTuesday

Lil-Rokslider
Midnighter | Arcade Belts

I have this same belt on right now, and hunt in its twin. Looks like it's 1.5"

Another perk is that you don't have to take it off at the airport since it's all plastic/elastic.

I jumped on this thread also to recommend the arcade stretch belts. They are awesome and comfy. If someone really wants webbing style instead, with metal buckle, they started making a stretch web version that is probably pretty great too.

fbhandler

WKR
“OV Innovations” has a great underpack belt... apparently they teamed up with HPG on this lastest version. Not sure who came up with the idea first but I have OV’s older version as well and their both the best I’ve found hands down

For a simple good belt I’ll throw Blue Alpha Gear in the mix. I just got one of their belts with the plastic loop as opposed to a buckle and I like it pretty well.

jspradley

WKR
I use the Kuiu belt..it’s the same licensed Bison design that a bajillion other companies use. It does the job...

When I wear my Prana Zions or Sitka Timberlines I just use the integral cinch and no belt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adamm88

WKR
I just got a kifaru belt about three weekes ago for what i wear everyday, Its amazing how much better it is than my 511 belt which i had for YEARS. My vote would go that route.

I have two KUIU belts, the older and stiffer one, and a one yr old one with the more flexible webbing. Neither slip...although the old style stiff webbing version took a bit of breaking in before I liked it. I use either one back packing and wear them all the time.

Note their ad is wrong, they show the belt as 25mm wide... 1", when in fact they are 1.5" wide (37mm). The ad has been in error for years.