Belt recommendations

I’m needing to find a belt that has a low profile buckle system that will not cause problems/interfere with my pack’s hipbelt buckle. Thanks for sharing what works for you!

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
Bison Designs makes webbing belts with a flat belt buckle that work very well. I bought one on a recommendation and it is the only belt I wear with my pack on

LaHunter

WKR
Kuiu makes a good webbing belt. The buckle is simple with no moving parts and it doesn't slip.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
I believe Bison Designs makes the Kuiu belt and if you don't want camo you can get them cheaper

Last edited:
I usually use the sitka suspenders. I do have a bison belt and like it. Lately i have been considering the kifaru belt.

I’m absolutely sold on the HPG belt. I used the Kuiu belt for a couple years until I bought a HPG belt and there’s no comparison IMO. Best belt out there, period!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not like the original Kuiu belt. The latest version is much improved in the webbing flexibility. I also like the Eddie Bauer Genius Belt because it has some elasticity to it and will move with you really well. Small flat buckle but if you need a belt to be stiff and really hold up your pants its not a good choice. 1" wide and works really well to cinch up the pants a little and keep them in place.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My kuiu belt works fine, no complaints. I may check out that HPG belt though, not sure how it could really be much different/better than what I already have but it could be cool.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had the original KUIU / Bison belt, but it slipped to much for my liking. Tried a Kifaru belt, but bought one that was to thin for me. Tried Sitka's new belts last year and am pretty happy with those for now. I like how wide they are and the buckle does a decent job of staying put.

fishslap

WKR
I have a thin (not very wide or thick) bison designs belt that works best for me. I have a thicker/wider one that I use if carrying a heavier revolver on my hip but I don't use it under a heavy pack. I also have the kifaru belt and while I really like it, I can't wear it with a heavy pack. It's a little wider and heavier than the thinner bison design belt and this causes the skin around my waist to get pinched between the top of the belt and the underside of the pack belt.

Netherman

WKR
I like the Bison Designs / Kuiu belt and haven't had any desire to change.

AK Troutbum I'm curious what the improvement was? The Velcro on the HPG belt scares me and I haven't had a rubbing/comfort problems with the Bison Designs belt. Logic tells me "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but I'm too much of a gear junkie to quit thinking about finding something better.

OP
darcytribe
Thanks for all the experiences recommendations everyone! I decided to get the hpg upb belt. Looks like it will work well for me.

Get an arcade belt. Its got some stretch, lays flat and is super comfy especially if you are climbing over blow downs, its stretchyness gives you just a little bit more mobility over the standard strap belts.

Savage99

WKR
SOE low profile edc belts are a webbing belt, basically have no buckle at all. Just make sure you order your pants size but the lo pro belts have tons of adjust-ability in both directions.

EDC Low Profile Belt Without Velcro Lining - Size 26" to 34" — Special Operations Equipment

I’ve been wearing one everyday for four years. They do adjust out more than in, so you would order what your pants actually are. I’ve only had a pack belt on top of it for day hunts and it’s done well for that.

I like the Bison Designs / Kuiu belt and haven't had any desire to change.

AK Troutbum I'm curious what the improvement was? The Velcro on the HPG belt scares me and I haven't had a rubbing/comfort problems with the Bison Designs belt. Logic tells me "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but I'm too much of a gear junkie to quit thinking about finding something better.

The Velcro and no belt buckle is what makes this belt IMO. It’s nice and wide, low profile, and infinitely adjustable. Put it on however tight you want, and that’s where it stays.