Sitka early season tops

Sitka early season mid-layer top

Hey all. I wanna give some Sitka pieces a go for this year's early elk. Temps range from 40's in the morning to around 90 during the day and then back down. I'm going with the Core lightweight hoodie for my base/outer shirt. I've got the puffy covered. Now I just need that mid-layer. What is your guys' go Sitka midlayer for those cooler (not necessarily cold) temps that still allow for active hunting without overheating?

Last edited:

FlyGuy

WKR
I use a core heavyweight hoody (or shirt) and a fanatic hoody interchangeably. I just rotate every few days to keep the funk down. This year I am adding the apex hoody to the mix.

I typically wear an older model jetstream vest over that for a little wind protection, especially for when I warms up and I pull off the midlayer. I just got a new jetstream vest in though and it is much more insulated than my older one. My old one had basically no insulation, just wind protection. I bet my old one is closer to the current model of mountain vest, though I've never actually seen one in person.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk