Sitka active kelvin thoughts

Jacack

WKR
got some gift cards to burn and was looking at the kelvin active jacket, anyone have any input on it?

been using 90% jacket and vest for ever and a mountain hardware puffy wen needed.

thinking about going with a sitka lightweight hoody and the active jacket this early season

looking for input on the jacket, hoody seems to be very well liked

thanks
Jared

excaliber

WKR
It's a bit of a tweener if you ask me. It's too warm to hike in for me.
It's not warm enough as a sit and glass garment as I'd rather have the Kelvin lite hoody for that under my jacket if needed. It just isn't something that fits in my system.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
It's a bit of a tweener if you ask me. It's too warm to hike in for me.
It's not warm enough as a sit and glass garment as I'd rather have the Kelvin lite hoody for that under my jacket if needed. It just isn't something that fits in my system.

thanks, thats what i was wondering. figured it was too warm to cover any ground but thought i would ask

Trial153

WKR
I can hike a bit it, I also have put it under a jetstream vest and it gets me through a good range of temps.

Where is shines of me is under a shell, soft or hard, almost no bulk for layering.
I also like that quite, I can stalk in bow range where a puffy would too loud for me to consider it on a stalk.

I can hike a bit it, I also have put it under a jetstream vest and it gets me through a good range of temps.

Where is shines of me is under a shell, soft or hard, almost no bulk for layering.
I also like that quite, I can stalk in bow range where a puffy would too loud for me to consider it on a stalk.

This is pretty accurate for me. Treat it as a mid layer, not your puffy, and not your base layer. Just a heck of a lot easier to slip on and off than a pullover mid layer and is warmer and a little cozier. Packs super small, weighs less than a Traverse Zip T on my scale and supposedly dries like a champ - but I have never tested that yet.

KurtR

WKR
It’s my favorite puffy. I don’t get cold to easy so with the core heavy I wear the active down to the teens and glass a lot in it. It does dry supper fast. If the wind picks up I throw the flash on under it and I stay really warm. My buddy prefers the kelvin as he gets colder the new puffy with the wind stopper would be the cats meow for staying warm in real cold