Sitka suggestions.

Raptyr

FNG
I have the opportunity to get into a Sitka system this year.. Money isn't really an object for this but it must be sitka. I will be hunting Wyoming pronghorn in October-December and hunting 3rd season deer/elk in Colorado. Been looking at the NOAA at past years as far as weather to get an idea of what i should plan for. The area I'm hunting in November looks like an average high in the high 30's low 40's and an average low in the low teens. Id love some ideas on what sitka gear is in your kit that you can use from warmer October months and will last in the layering kit into a cold November/December hunt. Currently I'm looking atthe bellow but not set on anything at this point:

Top:
Core Lightweight Crew LS and/or SS
Core Midweight Zip-T
Traverse Zip-T
Kelvin Lite Vest
Kelvin Down WS Hoody
Dewpoint Jacket(posssibly)

Bottom:
Merino Core Lightweight and heavyweight
Mountain Pant
Timberline Pant
Kelvin Lite pant

Also would like suggestions on Sitka accessories(IE. gloves hats ect)

Thank you all in advance

Trial153

WKR
I have the opportunity to get into a Sitka system this year.. Money isn't really an object for this but it must be sitka. I will be hunting Wyoming pronghorn in October-December and hunting 3rd season deer/elk in Colorado. Been looking at the NOAA at past years as far as weather to get an idea of what i should plan for. The area I'm hunting in November looks like an average high in the high 30's low 40's and an average low in the low teens. Id love some ideas on what sitka gear is in your kit that you can use from warmer October months and will last in the layering kit into a cold November/December hunt. Currently I'm looking atthe bellow but not set on anything at this point:

Top:
Core Lightweight Crew LS and/or SS( yes )
Core Midweight Zip-T(
Traverse Zip-T( core heavyweight hoody instead(
Kelvin Lite Vest( switch to jetstream vest)
Kelvin Down WS Hoody
Dewpoint Jacket(posssibly)( this light weight and better suited for Sept weather) I would go with a different shell like the coldfront or cloud burst

Bottom:
Merino Core Lightweight and heavyweight
Mountain Pant( go one or the other)
Timberline Pant ( go one or the other and add a lighter pant like the apex or grinder)
Kelvin Lite pant

Also would like suggestions on Sitka accessories(IE. gloves hats ect)

Thank you all in advance

Made some edits and suggestions above also.

The jetstream bennie is warm and light.
Cold Front Gtx gloves are the cats ass for later seasons. The fanatic or traverse gloves are nice for milder weather.

Lawnboi

WKR
I'll second the cold front glove, along with one of their puffy beanies, either the ballistic if you want orange, or blizzard. Warmest beanie iv ever worn.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The best sitka item I have is their neck gaiter that is fleece lined. It cuts the wind and I use it from deer through goose season. The traverse 1/4 zip is very versatile. I stack the core lightweight and heavyweight under my grinder pants and where them down into the 20's in a tree stand. I own different items like the Dakota vest and beanie. I recently purchased the mountain pants but not much experience on them yet but they are very comfortable and seem to be cut very well for my size.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I would ditch the Mountain pants (so similar to the TLines) for Apex pants and hoody.

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
I would trade the Traverse 1/4 zip for the hooded heavyweight and either add the Apex Hoodie and Pant or replace the mountain and traverse with them..I like the Shooter glove for warm weather and the cold front glove for colder/wet weather. If you don’t have to worry about “wet”, the Mountain Glove is nice.