Mountain hunting gloves

Boreal

WKR
Do any of you have recommendations for tough, waterproof mountain hunting gloves? I have been using a pair of Kuiu Guide Gloves for the last four years, and they are only now starting to seep a little water in the snow or rain. I may order another pair, but wanted to see if anyone had any other recommendations, I'm not partial to Kuiu gear for a number of reasons, but damn these are good gloves. Glove sizing seems to be all over the map, I have size L in the Kuiu gloves, but felt like I had boxing gloves on when I tried some of the First Lite in L. Any input on sizing would also be appreciated.

I hear ya on the sizing. I have a Pair of the Yukon gloves and I ordered large but they are actually pretty tight on my hands. By contrast I have a pair of FL Softshell Shooting gloves in large that are almost too big lol!

I was watching and hoping someone had a good idea for a waterproof glove. I have been looking and all i find are insulated ones

Trial153

WKR
Just me, I gave on on water proof. The only glove i found that is water proof is the rubber coated neoprene gloves you will see used in Alaska. The keep you dry but you loose a lot of functionality.
So with that in mind this what I use. I have both the lined and unlined versions. They have saved my hands many times in mountains.
67120f9ccec2e4d8d7bd5991b9955c1d.jpg

Kotaman

WKR
The Mountain Hardware Gloves with "Outdry" are about as good as I've found in a "waterproof" outdoor glove.

I use two pair for most fall backpack hunting. One is a pair of KUIU Guide Gloves like you reference. I've worn my first pair of them completely out but have repaired the finger tips multiple times with Shoe Glue and they just did an 11 day trip helping a buddy hunt Stones. I've got a like new pair I've been saving.

As per the second pair I take...I really like the Dickie rubberized finger/palm work gloves with a cloth back. They come in a 6-pack with 3 red and 3 black pair at COSTCO for $15 CA...yup $2.50/pair. I can get about 2-weeks out of a pair when landscaping around our house build handling rocks and tool handles...and hunted last fall for about 6-weeks with the same pair of black ones. They are tough, easy to shoot the bow with them on, fairly warm, great in the rocks, and extend the life of my KUIU gloves by years.