Fjallraven Pants?

tater

WKR
I was wondering if anyone has used any of the G-1000 products from Fjallraven (Keb Pants etc.).

How quiet are they? Durability? Any other feedback pros or cons would be great.

gmajor

WKR
My buddy used some on our elk trip. They're nice, and I was considering looking at some. I'd get the ones from their hunting line ("G-1000 Silent") as opposed to the standard G-1000 (not brushed, so not as quiet), though they'll both work. Take a look at the Lappland Hybrid Trouser.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I've been tempted to order the Vidda Pro pants. From reading reviews on the G1000 material, it seems to be very durable.
I'd like to get some thoughts on sizing from somebody who has used Fjallraven and how it compares to Sitka/KUIU sizing.

gmajor

WKR
I've been tempted to order the Vidda Pro pants. From reading reviews on the G1000 material, it seems to be very durable.
I'd like to get some thoughts on sizing from somebody who has used Fjallraven and how it compares to Sitka/KUIU sizing.

It's not as fitted. They do "body sizes" instead of by waist (cm or inches). I have a 30in waist and am a size 46 in fjallraven.

francois

FNG
Does the fabric smell due to the wax impregnation used in G-1000 garments?

I've read that with heavy rain the fabric water resistance properties does not work very well and need to be enhanced with a lot of Wax impregnation. Do you see the same things ?

Thanks
François

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a few pairs of the Barents Pro in G1000. Very durable but not the quietest option if you're looking for stealth. I haven't tried their hunting line to see how much quieter it is.

They have a sizing chart on their website. In my experience it runs very true to size so order correctly for your waist and inseam, dont try to fudge the next size smaller thinking it will fit better or go larger unless you plan on layers.

According to Fjallraven you must wax the G1000 heavier for wetter conditions so one treatment might not be enough for some climates.

Last edited:

Twigg

FNG
Bumping up a very old thread I know. I've been searching to try and find more information on these pants. Does anyone have anymore experience with them and the durability of these pants. If anyone has more information would be helpful before I drop the coin on some. Thanks for the help.

P.S. Been looking into the Vidda Pro pants.

I have a jacket in g 1000.

Stylish and cool but not very water resistant. Also $$$$. The fabric is light an in between of the old heavyweight and the light weight bdu military uniform.

If you are in the "not cotton" camp or looking for really lightweight gear then I would look elsewhere. Their are better options for really light pants IMO. If you want something with a cool factor then go for it.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wore the keb trousers a bit last year and really liked them for the stretch and durability. Had the vidda pros too but sold them because they weren't a good hiking pant for me due to they had no stretch panels. Taking the Abisko's on a sheep hunt tomorrow... I'll try and remember to update this thread when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping up a very old thread I know. I've been searching to try and find more information on these pants. Does anyone have anymore experience with them and the durability of these pants. If anyone has more information would be helpful before I drop the coin on some. Thanks for the help.

P.S. Been looking into the Vidda Pro pants.
I have the vida pro pant. Great Camping,fishing, bush crafting, and bush trekking pant. They're bombproof.
I won't hunt in them though…. except maybe road hunting! Too noisy… but they do dry out surprisingly quick. I have not applied any of the waterproof wax to them.

slowelk

WKR
I just ordered a pair of the Vida Pros from Backcountry, thought they might be an interesting option for rifle season, but I was thoroughly unimpressed. The G1000 fabric is marginally souped-up cotton, and they don't feel like remotely anything worth $150. The only thing I did like was the depth of some of the pockets. Another thing is, if you remotely have an ass and quads, your junk is going to be uncomfortable due to the lack of stretch in these pants. Plus, they don't even look that cool!

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
I have used several of their pants in different models. Very durable and fairly well made but many of the downsides have been pointed out. I live in wet country and cotton is not your friend. That said, they do actually dry fairly well and if you keep them waxed they do fairly decent before wetting out. My kebs can just about stand up in the corner.. I ran a pair of Abisko hybrids for the sniper adventure challenge last year and they were fantastic for that. Lightweight, with stretch panels in the right spots and G1000 lite was great for all that nasty pokey stabby brush they grow over there in WY. Would not recommend the vidda pro or barents (same as the vidda but raw length) unless you are a stick figure. Sizing varies a bit depending on the model. I wear a 46 in the Kebs and Abisko hybrids but can't even button the Vidda's in 46. Cool pants, look great, tough as nails, but not all that amazing when you compare them to arcteryx and the like.

Oso

FNG
Replying to an old thread, but there is good information here, and I have related specific questions.

I've had the Abisko Light in sand with olive accents for a couple of years. Great hiking pants, and the vents on the sides come in handy with how hot I run. I've hiked mountains in the US and Canada in them with great success. Definitely my favorite hiking pants I've owned.

I'm just getting back into hunting after a decade long hiatus. I am curious what folks think about pairing the Abisko pants with Sitka elevated II upper gear. I will be mostly hunting whitetails from tree stands with a bow in Texas. I have an elevated II long sleeve shirt and hat, and will probably buy the face mask. I've got the fanatic hoody and esw gloves for when it cools off. But I would prefer not to accumulate much more and would rather put the $150 that the Sitka ESW pants cost toward other things.

Is there anything wrong with the Abisko pants that I should consider compared to the ESW elevated II pants? Any kind of dyes or anything that a deer can see that I can't? Anything unique about the specific sand/olive color combination that would give me away? I'm only concerned as far as deer hunting in Texas goes; these work fine for hogs and doves with rifles and shotguns, and I'll buy specialized gear if I go north or west for big game in the years to come. Would love your thoughts and input on this.