UB Tech Rainier Travel Chino @ Costco

twall13

WKR
For those that say they run small, is it just in the waist? I'm always borderline on the inseam so it depends on how they are cut and varies for me from brand to brand.

For those that say they run small, is it just in the waist? I'm always borderline on the inseam so it depends on how they are cut and varies for me from brand to brand.

i think it might be just in the waist. the inseam seems pretty true to me. i ordered a pair of prana zions in 38 x 30 right before i saw these on the costco website. i ordered 2 pairs of 38 x 30 from costco and they are shorter than the pranas 38 x30, however i think the prana 38 x30 is a little bit longer than normal and the costco pants are a truer length. you could always order one in each inseam (eg. 36x 32 and 36 x 30) and just return the one that doesnt fit to your local costco and not have to deal with shipping.

Stwrt9

WKR
Anybody taking orders? i would love to give these a try for the price!

InIt2Live

Lil-Rokslider
After reading this thread through, I snagged a pair of these on eBay. They were NWT, my size, and $17 shipped so I figured I couldn't really lose. I just got them in the mail about 30 minutes ago and tried them on right away. These are some comfy pants! I will give them some wear time to decide how much I like them, but if I do like them, I am going to have to buy a Costco membership just so I can order them online!

Does anyone know if their shipping is reasonable?

twall13

WKR
Shipping on this item was free for me... I don't buy much online from them so I don't know about other items but this had free shipping when I ordered a couple of days ago.

InIt2Live

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, that makes the membership more worth the cost. It's hard to buy a membership to a place that is 380 miles away, but maybe I can make it worth my while.

The waist seem's the right size. The length runs a little bit short. Wished there was more of a brown and green color. The gray and black are not a great choice for me. They are a pretty decent warmer weather pant for $20.
I don't really see them as a great fall hunting pant.

So I had a chance to wash and wear them. Very light weight. The inseam length is more accurate than my first impression. I would say they are true to maybe just a tad short. Very comfortable. Seem pretty quiet as well. I do not know how durable they will be. As I said. They will be a nice warm weather pant. I have not tried them in wind and rain. Think they will shed light precip and moderate wind for short term conditions and dry fairly quickly. Good value but would not rely on them for tough conditions for extended periods of time. I don't think they are designed for that.

I also compared these to the Prana zion pant and have found these to fit better and be a very comparable pant for 1/3 price.

I also have compared them to a pair of Kuhl renegades I got from a member here. I prefer the Kuhl slightly but these are a 1/4 of the price. I would buy the Kuhl on sale at $50 though. I have not tried the EB pro guides but would like to try a pair of them if they go on sale. l

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Remind me of the Eddie Bauer Guide pants.

That explains why I didn't like them. I just got back from Costco and checked them out. I was hoping these would work, because at $20 I could buy two pair to build one pair that's long enough. But they appear to have that same funky fit as the EB's.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a pair.. The only thing that I didn't like was the cut. To me they are more of a straight cut so I had to go up one size to get a more relaxed fit in the seat and thighs. For the price I couldn't pass on em. Gonna put em to the test maybe tomorrow morning when doing some heavy pack training.

bhylton

WKR
very comfy pant ive found so far. i think i might sew some hip zips in them though. stretch is nice