UB Tech Rainier Travel Chino @ Costco

My wife picked me up a pair of these today at Costco for around $20. Remind me of the Eddie Bauer Guide pants. May grab a few pairs. Even if they only last one season it's a cheap investment. And being Costco, if they stink I can take them back. She said there may be gray and green too but can't confirm.
b2e4b193d6585989992a5d52c2188ee3.jpg

OP
airlocksniffer
Finally tried these on. Seem like really nice pants, especially for $19.99. Some observations compared to the EB Guide:

Same material blend (94% nylon, 6% spandex). May be a little thicker than the EB.
One zippered cargo pocket on the right leg vs 2 on the EB's
Both rear pockets are zippered, not zippered on the EB's
Some type of mesh lining in the pockets.
Fit is damn near identical, maybe slightly more relaxed than the EB's.
Stitching seems on par with the EB's.
The waist doesn't have a different lining. The EB's have a softer fabric on the waist line.

If you have a Costco nearby you should check these out. Three color options are khaki, charcoal and black.

Last edited:

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same factory as the EB's. That's a great deal.

OP
airlocksniffer
I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same factory as the EB's. That's a great deal.
I was thinking the same thing. The resemblance is uncanny. My brother told me the EB Guides used to be called the Rainier. Not sure if there is any truth to that as he's known to be full of shit.

Just grabbed a pair the other day. They seem well made and fit great. Time will tell as to how they hold up. At $20 ill probably go get a few more before they disappear.

three5x5s

WKR
None in the Louisville Cosco, wish they did. I dident see any of the 700 down blankets for 30$ either. Did pick up another case of the Cave Man bars thought. They are good if you havent had em.

boom

WKR
Sweet. My guide pants are my new uniform. I wear them exclusively now.

Thanks for the tip and comparing them

3c40ee2923100357302c72b317764e5c.jpg

I'm going to Costco tonight

I had my wife pick me up a couple pairs of these today. Fit true to size and very nice for $20. I'd say the Pranas are a little nicer but for $20 these are a great buy.
Will be testing them out in the field and seeing how they hold up soon.

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
Went to Costco and couldnt find them. I didnt see them on their website either. Ill have to call them and see if they can ship me some.

Scratch that found them online, didnt know that UB stood for Union Bay haha

Last edited:

Mike7

WKR
They had a stack that just arrived at our Costco and people were going through them. I checked them out because of this post and was happily surprised. They are lighter than an Attack pant, but slightly little heavier than an OR Ferosi pant. They seem like a great deal and I picked up two pairs. I hope these are not just a one and done item.

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Eddie Bauer outlet has a little different line than the regular line of Eddie Bauer. I live near an Eddie Bauer outlet. They have rainier pants and these rainier chinos. I'm sure they must have done a line for Costco. Looks exactly the same. I like them a lot. I've got about 6 pair and wear them everyday. They have a bit of stretch and I haven't noticed any wear on them. Good pants!

OP
airlocksniffer
The only other thing I've noticed much different than the EB Guides is these don't have a gusset inside the leg/crotch.

Found some! Great pants. I bought a few because I didn't know what size I was. If anyone is interested I have a pair of 34x30 khaki and 34x32 gray available. Happy to pass them on for price paid plus shipping.

Last edited:

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
I should be at my local costco tomorrow, what size and color you looking for. They come in khaki grey and black. No promises though I dont know if they have them.