Review: Kifaru's Lost Park Parka, by Brock Akers

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Rokslide Moderator Brock Akers loves Kifaru gear and uses a bunch of it. Combine that with his over-the-top fetish for backcountry hunting, and he's the perfect guy to put Kifaru gear through the ringer.

Here he is, after a spring and fall of use, with his thoughts on Kifaru's Lost Park Parka.

Show us the money Brock...
Kifaru Lost Park Parka Review

Last edited:
Yeah, it's one of the warmest synthetic's I've seen for hunting, including some of my mountaineering jackets. Very well made and durable.

I picked one of these up but didn't like how it was sized. It seemed really bulky to me, compared to my other puffy jackets. It was definitely warmer, but I need to try it in a medium instead of a large. At 5'10" and 180lbs, the large was way too big on me.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I picked one of these up but didn't like how it was sized. It seemed really bulky to me, compared to my other puffy jackets. It was definitely warmer, but I need to try it in a medium instead of a large. At 5'10" and 180lbs, the large was way too big on me.

Yeah Justin it is a little more bulky than some other puffys. However its significantly warmer, IMO. A Medium just might be the ticket for ya!

Shoot me a text man, haven't heard from you in awhile. Would love to catch up!

slick

WKR
Reviving an old thread. Why doesn't Kifaru add zippers to the pocket of the parka?

Has anyone done this? @pods8 could you/would you be willing to add a zipper to each side of the pocket?

This is a cold weather jacket- I'd prefer if my pocket doesn't fill up with blowing, drifting snow or that falls off of trees as you walk through them.

Anyone else share this criticism?

Reviving an old thread. Why doesn't Kifaru add zippers to the pocket of the parka?

Has anyone done this? @pods8 could you/would you be willing to add a zipper to each side of the pocket?

This is a cold weather jacket- I'd prefer if my pocket doesn't fill up with blowing, drifting snow or that falls off of trees as you walk through them.

Anyone else share this criticism?
I also wouldn't mind having a zipper on my LPP. Fortunately, I get way too hot walking for more than a few minutes so I'm only wearing it when I'm glassing or during long periods of low activity. I mainly wish it had zippers so I don't have to worry about losing things I store in there while glassing.