Kryptek Aegis Exgtreme Weather Coat

jmez

WKR
Not sure what is in the thing but it is light and warm. Today was the first chance I had to use it. Was 9 degrees when I left the house, wind blowing 10-15mph, a little chilly.

When you put the coat on it feels like you just have a light windbreaker on. Material is very quiet. Cold weather didn't affect this. Drew and shot a doe at 15 yards and she didn't hear me moving, had no idea I was there. I never even got chilled and all I had on was a polyester T shirt, a microtex hunting shirt and the Kryptek coat.

Great product. If you are looking for a cold weather coat definitely take a look at these. Not cheap but well worth the price tag.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Jmez, I also have this jacket and I love it. It feels like a wind breaker and kept me warm down to 15 degrees with only a First Lite Llano and Kuiu 250 base layer on. I would hike in with the base layer on and throw this Jacket on for glassing all November. You don't have to pack rain gear of a puffy. The bibs are also top shelf. But way to warm for hiking.

I'm curious about this jacket... I'm in need of a good outer layer for next year. Was just going to go with the Chugach jacket but this looks pretty good as well. Main thing I don't like about it, is the 30 oz. weight. I'm not sure with a Merino base, L2 Tundra pullover, and my SpinDrift that I'd need the extra warm of this though. How does it breath?

Mike

OP
jmez

jmez

WKR
Not sure about that. I've only used the coat once. It does have pit vents on both sides so I would think it would be good if you unzipped those.